Did you wish the s8 had a flat screen?

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
But didn't the Edge versions have larger screens?
So it was more of a desire for a bigger screen and people just tolerating the curved edges?

The s7 Edge had a larger screen and bigger battery. The S6 however, had 3 versions both larger and smaller.

But Samsung also has a research team, and the feedback they got was that people liked the premium looks of the Edge design.

There's a backlash now, but it wasn't always that way. As someone else said, the curved Galaxy how now become the design that distinguishes them from other brands.

Once everyone starts to copy, maybe they'll move back towards flat.

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I absoluteley hate the look of edge screens. I especially hate the warped image at the edges but also the overall looks. That fake bezelless design while there actually still is a normal bezel at the sides. I like flat screens much more. If the S8 had one, I wouldn't be waiting for the LG V30 at the moment.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I absoluteley hate the look of edge screens. I especially hate the warped image at the edges but also the overall looks. That fake bezelless design while there actually still is a normal bezel at the sides. I like flat screens much more. If the S8 had one, I wouldn't be waiting for the LG V30 at the moment.

The V30 has a curved design.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I take the case off my s8 maybe once a day or every other day to give it a little clean. When I see it as it was designed to be used I think Wow, it really does look great for a phone. Then I soon remember why it's in a case because almost instantly I start getting false touches with the palm of my hand and the phone is sliding out of my hand like a wet bar of soap. Sure it looks great but it's just not practical and way way waaaay too vulnerable and fragile without a case. Kinda pointless tbh.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I take the case off my s8 maybe once a day or every other day to give it a little clean. When I see it as it was designed to be used I think Wow, it really does look great for a phone. Then I soon remember why it's in a case because almost instantly I start getting false touches with the palm of my hand and the phone is sliding out of my hand like a wet bar of soap. Sure it looks great but it's just not practical and way way waaaay too vulnerable and fragile without a case. Kinda pointless tbh.

And yet you bought one. To Samsung that's all that matters. You voted yes with your wallet.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Must admit that the curved screen doesn't really offer me any advantages over a flat screen. So it's likely more about design distinction than anything else.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Must admit that the curved screen doesn't really offer me any advantages over a flat screen. So it's likely more about design distinction than anything else. It's by far the best darn smartphone that I've ever owned, however I would have preferred it to be flat.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That's the main reason j returned two s8 pluses. I couldn't take the curved screen anymore. I much prefer the flag scree. I just picked up the s8 active and it feel much better. So far so good.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
No. I like the edge screen and use the functionality a lot. The curves make the phone different from the rest in the market.

The edge also comes into play when I use action launcher which has functionalities for the two edges. Doesn't feel so good on flat screens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez