I've complained about this before, but I thought it was game specific. Now it has happened on more games making some of them unplayable.

The audio slows down and distorts. Actually the game itself as a whole slows down, but it's most noticeable in the audio, which sounds like it's slowed down quite a bit and being sent through a desk fan. The game play then becomes choppy. It comes and goes and happens some on some games and more on others.

I wish I knew what was causing this. With google I can only find this one other reference to it.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...mes/td-p/93629

So others are having the same problem and it's not unique to my phone. Nothing like this happens outside the Oculus app, so I'm sure it's just a bug in the app.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and by some miracle know how to correct it?

Thanks.
    08-18-2017 04:24 PM
    The audio slows down and distorts. Actually the game itself as a whole slows down, but it's most noticeable in the audio, which sounds like it's slowed down quite a bit and being sent through a desk fan. The game play then becomes choppy. It comes and goes and happens some on some games and more on others.
    The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you're using a bluetooth headset? Gear VR has issues with bluetooth sometimes and it frustrates me because bluetooth is so much more convenient for me than wired headphones. Some apps work fine, while others don't; the ones that don't usually have the audio sound slowed down and distorted, sometimes to the point of being completely unintelligible.

If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what else it could be and would suggest contacting Oculus Support.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-19-2017 01:53 PM
    The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you're using a bluetooth headset? Gear VR has issues with bluetooth sometimes and it frustrates me because bluetooth is so much more convenient for me than wired headphones. Some apps work fine, while others don't; the ones that don't usually have the audio sound slowed down and distorted, sometimes to the point of being completely unintelligible.

If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what else it could be and would suggest contacting Oculus Support.
    Forgot about this thread.

Nope. No BT anything except for the controller. I've even turned BT off entirely and it still happened. It has nothing to do with BT.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-28-2017 07:51 AM
    Ugh. So to get support from Oculus I have to use Facebook? I'd probably have to sign up for a new account. Not worth it.
    08-28-2017 07:54 AM