Option for gifs on Facebook

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something or is this phone not compatible with the gifs in Facebook? I can start a post with one from my keyboard, but can't use one as a comment. Everyone I know using the S7 has the gif option when they go to comment (to add photo, gif, or sticker).
Thoughts?

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKey keyboard and I have that option to add a Gif in a comment section. I had to dig a little bit though. I hit the emoticon button and the Gif link is in there. Not sure if it works this way with stock keyboard. I'll check later.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKey too and I do have that option. But when I try to add one in comments, it brings me to starting a new post instead. I'm able to text them though without a problem.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I fail to see what the keyboard has to do with adding GiFs. You get this button in comments whether or not you use Swiftkey.

ba34c6f20122fd0283a27f4e145aafe1.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well it's been there for quite a while for me. A month at least.

I don't really understand how Facebook updates though. Even the messenger app got announced that it will get SMS integration and a lot of people got it, but I only acquired that feature like 4mos after announcement of release.

Edit:
Lol. I was gonna check what version I was on, and I was greeted by this:

2b7df94864ecb1919258cd5fb301dbd5.jpg

So that may have something to do with it.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

I don't really understand how Facebook updates though. Even the messenger app got announced that it will get SMS integration and a lot of people got it, but I only acquired that feature like 4mos after announcement of release.

Edit:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/2b7df94864ecb1919258cd5fb301dbd5.jpg

I'm not a beta tester and I have the gif option in Facebook just like you do. Facebook is definitely just weird I think when it comes to updates.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Edit:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/2b7df94864ecb1919258cd5fb301dbd5.jpg

I wasn't a beta tester and started to see if I got the gif option. Nope.

Janny Free

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKey too and I do have that option. But when I try to add one in comments, it brings me to starting a new post instead. I'm able to text them though without a problem.

I have this issue too. If I try and comment with a gif anywhere on FB, it takes me straight to my page, to post as a new post. Doesn't matter what keyboard I use.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Walg

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just did an upgrade on my J7s and I cannot use my gif in messenger fb. I can use it when I text. It's not a fb problem. It's on my keyboard. The gif or stickers are not on FB automatically anymore.
Anyone else? I'm bummed

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74