Overnight items in calendar appear as all day events

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8 and work grave shift so I have mostly overnight events on my calendar. They were showing up fine but I had to exchange my S8 for another one and set up everything the same. Now, my overnight events show up as all day events. When I click on it, the correct time shows up though. Anyone know how to fix this?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility. If you go into an event is the All day box checked? If so, remove that checkmark. You might look thru the Settings for your calendar app and make sure default is not set to all day, but I don't think you can edit mass events.

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
When I click on the event the correct time is shown and the all day box isn't checked. However whether I view the calendar in month, week, or day views those events look like all day events, just being bars at the top along with other all day events.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Which calendar are you using? Syncing online? You might look at another calendar app, if nothing else to see how it shows those appointments. I use Google on my S8+ and have it synced online, but I also use the Samsung as I like their widget. They both sync.

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
If I scroll to where the time blocks are supposed to be then it doesn't show anything...it's just empty.

I'm using the default calendar app and currently running a 3rd party app to sync it with my iCloud calendars. But even if I try to create an event on my Google Calendar or my Samsung Calendar it all shows up the same way.

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
What makes it weirder is that it was working totally fine on my other S8 that I exchanged for this one. I set up everything exactly the same too. Been an iPhone user since the 3G and been on Android for only 2 weeks...hoping I can fix this issue because so far I'm glad I switched.

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I think I figured out a potential problem. On the Samsung Galaxy S8 that I am currently using, it has Calendar version 4.0.17.4. On the other Samsung Galaxy S8 where everything was working fine, it has Calendar version 4.0.12-14. Both however say "The latest version is already installed." I'm assuming that the version on the phone I am currently using is a newer version because of the number. Is there any way that I can replace my version with the older version?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way that I can replace my version with the older version?

Potentially, but you'd have to turn off updates for that in the Play store, and there may be other apps that won't work correctly with the older version. You can look at APKmirror and see if they have the older version and then sideload it. I'd guess the issue is either the sync app you're using or ties with iPhone data.

katsuG

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I updated it to the latest version and it still doesn't work right. I tried to download an older version from APK Mirror but it says the file is corrupt :(