Hey Droids!

So I have the Galaxy S8, I have set up voice for Google (because Bixby is kind of meh) and it works great.
    However, I want to know if there is a way to activate voice while the phone is locked on earbuds? Like on iPhone if you hold down the action button Siri pops up, can we do the same? I have the AKG earbuds that the phone is shipped with, but when I hold the action button down when the phone is locked nothing happens. When it is unlocked it pops up fine, but what is the point in that?

I want to be able to use voice while I am using earbuds, walking around and tell my phone to call my mum without needing to unlock my phone for goodness sake! There must be a way!
    09-27-2017 01:49 PM
    Hey Droids!

So I have the Galaxy S8, I have set up voice for Google (because Bixby is kind of meh) and it works great.
    However, I want to know if there is a way to activate voice while the phone is locked on earbuds? Like on iPhone if you hold down the action button Siri pops up, can we do the same? I have the AKG earbuds that the phone is shipped with, but when I hold the action button down when the phone is locked nothing happens. When it is unlocked it pops up fine, but what is the point in that?

I want to be able to use voice while I am using earbuds, walking around and tell my phone to call my mum without needing to unlock my phone for goodness sake! There must be a way!
    Welcome.

I'll move your post to the S8 forum.
    09-27-2017 03:57 PM
    You have to go into the Google Search app, then settings under search. From there it's Voice - Hands-free - For wired handsets. Set that to on and you'll get a warning prompt.
    09-27-2017 08:48 PM