04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Aside from the beta problems did Smart Switch work for you?

A while back on a different device I had issues with Google Contact Sync getting stuck. I actually had to go to manual sync for a while because it would suck up the battery constantly attempting to sync. Maybe check to see if the sync isn't completing.

I don't use Facebook so I can't be of any help there, not that I'm of any help anyway...
    12-06-2017 06:47 AM
    So it was going better. Seemed smoother and less buggy.

Then I noticed that my main Gmail account is not syncing all contacts while my other account is. Can't seem to find a fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Only other noticeable issue is Facebook doesn't seem to work well. Doesn't open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.
    Facebook is acting weird for me as well. Specifically in the "marketplace" section of the app. It freezes and becomes unresponsive in that I can scroll the page up and down, but it won't let me select anything or go back to the last page. I have to escape to the home screen and then reopen the app.
    badcat likes this.
    12-06-2017 06:48 AM
    Smart Switch seemed to work fine.

The contacts thing is weird. Only one account and only some people. I tried testing by creating a contact on my phone and it synced to online contacts and deleted it and it synced as well. But some people won't show up. And they are favorites or friends. Not other contacts or some small sub group.
    12-06-2017 08:08 AM
    So I was home sick yesterday and bored out of my mind. Had read some posts in Members App about failure when trying to rollback to 7.0 using Smart Switch. Decided to give it a try.
    Smart Switch successfully downgraded my phone to 7.0. Afterwards, the Beta update was waiting for me and installed without issue. Everything working fine.
    Nothing horrific was happening prior to doing this on Beta 3... Just helped me pass some time. :-)
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    12-06-2017 10:17 AM
    So it was going better. Seemed smoother and less buggy.

Then I noticed that my main Gmail account is not syncing all contacts while my other account is. Can't seem to find a fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Only other noticeable issue is Facebook doesn't seem to work well. Doesn't open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.
    Same problem with Google not syncing all contacts. Actually had to create some contacts that I've had forever.
    12-06-2017 10:19 AM
    So I was home sick yesterday and bored out of my mind. Had read some posts in Members App about failure when trying to rollback to 7.0 using Smart Switch. Decided to give it a try.
    Smart Switch successfully downgraded my phone to 7.0. Afterwards, the Beta update was waiting for me and installed without issue. Everything working fine.
    Nothing horrific was happening prior to doing this on Beta 3... Just helped me pass some time. :-)
    I'm pretty sure I'm in good company, but does it sound weird that I think that's a fun way to pass the time on a sick day?
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    12-06-2017 10:20 AM
    Smart Switch seemed to work fine.

The contacts thing is weird. Only one account and only some people. I tried testing by creating a contact on my phone and it synced to online contacts and deleted it and it synced as well. But some people won't show up. And they are favorites or friends. Not other contacts or some small sub group.
    Same. One example... My daughter doesn't show up.
    The several contacts that don't show up on phone are visible when I check Google contacts on my laptop. Don't know the reason or fix.
    12-06-2017 10:20 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'm in good company, but does it sound weird that I think that's a fun way to pass the time on a sick day?
    Yup. I think we all agree spending a day messing up an expensive phone is a fine way to spend a day!
    12-06-2017 01:11 PM
    Per my daughter... "get a life, mom"
    12-06-2017 01:11 PM
    Per my daughter... "get a life, mom"
    Let Mom enjoy her toys.
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    12-06-2017 01:15 PM
    Let Mom enjoy her toys.
    Exactly
    12-06-2017 01:59 PM
    And don't come to mom when your phone needs fixing!
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    12-06-2017 03:08 PM
    And don't come to mom when your phone needs fixing!
    OMG... I can't count the number of times she's come whining to me for a phone fix, but she's my baby, even at age 25, so what can I say?
    badcat and gendo667 like this.
    12-06-2017 08:50 PM
    OMG... I can't count the number of times she's come whining to me for a phone fix, but she's my baby, even at age 25, so what can I say?
    I guess you have to help but that doesn't mean you can't rub it in a little!
    mary beth hale and gendo667 like this.
    12-07-2017 05:58 AM
    Some pictures from the south. Birmingham AL. Camera seems to have improved since beta one.
    badcat and tube517 like this.
    12-08-2017 03:20 PM
    12-08-2017 04:48 PM
    So that's where all the snow went! Nice images. I agree about the camera. I took some shots at the Motorcycle Show in NYC and was pretty happy with them.
    gendo667 and pankaj981 like this.
    12-08-2017 08:34 PM
    So after wiping the phone, twice actually, and giving it time, beta 3 is still godawful and not ready for prime time. Camera still fails to open often, apps freeze, phone does some random reboots, and other random things happening that are frustrating.

Here's hoping there's a good fix coming soon.
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-10-2017 05:26 PM
    So after wiping the phone, twice actually, and giving it time, beta 3 is still godawful and not ready for prime time. Camera still fails to open often, apps freeze, phone does some random reboots, and other random things happening that are frustrating.

Almost sounds like you should roll back. I haven't had problems in beta 3. I recall one random restart. Apart from that, no issues. Sorry about your experience.
    12-10-2017 05:48 PM

I was having only one or 2 minor issues with 3. It was actually quite acceptable. I was off work sick one day last week and bored, so I rolled back to 7.0 with Smart Switch. As long as you don't deregister in Members app, the Beta 3 will be waiting for you when you check for updates after rolling back. After I rolled back to 7.0 then re-downloaded Beta 3 (doing a clean install) it has been smooth sailing. Maybe that would help you, though it takes some time.
    Or you could just wait. Beta 4 will probably hit this week.
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-10-2017 08:51 PM
    I keep getting the "you're not registered" thing in the members app.

Gonna try and just roll with it at the moment. I def hope there's something this or next week.

The last beta for Nougat was far less troublesome.
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-10-2017 09:10 PM
    I keep getting the "you're not registered" thing in the members app.

Gonna try and just roll with it at the moment. I def hope there's something this or next week.

The last beta for Nougat was far less troublesome.
    For me, the 2 was more problematic. 3 has been almost boringly stable :-)
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    12-11-2017 07:15 AM
    Agree here. Been on beta 3 since it was released and other than slow camera start I've had no issues.
    12-11-2017 12:28 PM
    For me, the 2 was more problematic. 3 has been almost boringly stable :-)
    I agree. I still see, for lack of a better term, weirdness though. Email app keeps telling me there is an update but there isn't. And some Samsung apps don't adhere to the theme applied from the Samsung Theme store. Overall though, not bad.
    12-11-2017 01:37 PM
    I agree. I still see, for lack of a better term, weirdness though. Email app keeps telling me there is an update but there isn't. And some Samsung apps don't adhere to the theme applied from the Samsung Theme store. Overall though, not bad.
    Same here with the email weirdness and lack of theme consistency.
    badcat likes this.
    12-11-2017 03:01 PM
774 ... 1617181920 ...