Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
So I work in a dead zone. Little to no reception and bad, I'm talking terrible WiFi. My phone stays in airplane mode most of the day unless I need to jump on the WiFi, then it's right back to airplane mode, save for my half hour break on the network. Like clockwork, I routinely leave work with 80% battery. Left today with 84%.

I know my user case isn't normal so take it for what it's worth. I'll be able to put it through it's paces on the network Sunday when I should be at the house most of the day.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I saw some info on XDA that indicated Solid Explorer needs an update to work properly with Oreo. So I'm not going to sweat that for now. I still haven't heard anything from the dev as of yet. There is a workaround as the sd card shows up under root storage and you can pin that as a favorite so at least the sd card is accessible.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues sending MMS messages? I'm on TMO. No problem sending regular SMS messages, but pictures don't seem to be going through.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues sending MMS messages? I'm on TMO. No problem sending regular SMS messages, but pictures don't seem to be going through.
Going to a wedding this afternoon and I shot my wife a pic of what I was thinking of wearing. No troubles. Also on Tmo.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've tried sending my wife about 4 pictures... None go through. I'm able to receive pictures from her, though, no problem at all.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I got to picture in picture by accident. A youtube video popped up out of nowhere in a smaller box. Don't know what I did but it came up. Youtube is one of the few apps that support PIP

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Snapped the update process with an old Motorola Razr D3 just for a laugh.
Anyway, the update went flawlessly and everything was where I'd left it before. The only detail being that Swiftkey won't accept my chosen keyboard style in spite of downloading it. I'd read somewhere that Swiftkey had updated their software (mainly emojis, which I'm not bothered about) for Oreo.
oreo-s8-update.jpeg

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I rolled back to nougat as found a few bugs what we're annoying. however, I've deregistered from the programme now but it's still showing the update coming through in the software update menu. anyone have any ideas how to stop it?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Yeah. Just open Samsung Plus, tap the menu icon in the upper left hand corner and select Galaxy Beta Program. There will be an option to unenroll unsubscribe.

FYI, this does NOT work. So I enrolled in beta and the update had downloaded all the way. I got the screen asking to install the update now, at a specific time, or "later". I chose later hoping it would just stay that way indefinitely. I woke up this morning to find the update had installed overnight and the phone rebooted.

I went to the menu in Samsung+ (as described in quote above) and tapped on the Galaxy Beta Program and it still does nothing. There is another person in this message thread saying he rolled back to Nougat (I'm assuming he did a factory reset) and he is still showing as being enrolled in the beta program.

Really Samsung, give as a frakking way to unenroll! Good lord, sometimes I regret having an Android phone.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I had to Force Quit Ssmsung+ for the option to enroll in the Beta.

Once installed there will be some apps in the Galaxy Store to update/install one of which is Samsung Community.

Seems like a wise idea before (or after) installing to wipe the cache partition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87