Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So far, so good. Doing the update chewed up 10% of my battery. Don't know what's up with that. Otherwise everything seems ok at the moment. I'm considering a hard reset but haven't made up my mind. Did a Smart Switch backup just in case.

At least we're now on the January patch.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So far, so good. Doing the update chewed up 10% of my battery. Don't what's up with that. Otherwise everything seems ok at the moment. I'm considering a hard reset but haven't made up my mind. Did a Smart Switch backup just in case.

At least we're now on the January patch.

First time I've ever been absolutely up to date on security patch with any Android.
Yeah, my battery dropped 13% for that small update.
Wiped cache and away we go.
Unless something bizarre happens, think I'll wait for the official release to hard reset.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
First time I've ever been absolutely up to date on security patch with any Android.
Unless something bizarre happens, think I'll wait for the official release to hard reset.

I used to use a Nexus 5X so being up to date security wise was never a problem. Nice to see Samsung catch up finally. I hope they continue to stay current.

Holding out until the final release to hard reset is my plan as well. I did wipe the cache partition and hopefully won't need to do anything else until we get the final release.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my battery dropped significantly as well. Hopefully this update improves the standby time because honestly it has been slightly bad for me on Beta 5. One thing for certain, performance has been really smooth without issues.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting to factory reset after the official build is released.

On a side note, I'm wondering how many people here are thinking about keeping your S8? Parts of the S9 sound tempting. Specifically the additional bands supporting TMobile. Apart from that, I might stay put. Love this phone.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

On a side note, I'm wondering how many people here are thinking about keeping your S8? Parts of the S9 sound tempting. Specifically the additional bands supporting TMobile. Apart from that, I might stay put. Love this phone.
Well I might keep it for as long as I don't feel tempted to upgrade. I had similar thoughts about the S7E but then here I'm with an S8+

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Well I might keep it for as long as I don't feel tempted to upgrade. I had similar thoughts about the S7E but then here I'm with an S8+

I am perfectly happy with my S8. I am though, an admitted phone junkie so if I fall into some extra money... Well you can probably guess what will happen.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. The last update was very good at the start and then weird stuff stated happening again. Hoping this time the update stays stable and corrects all of the remaining issues.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Repost for Instagram stopped working.

Didn't tell me it's beta on startup for once.

Gave me advice over what's running and in status bar such as my VPN. Polished. Acts like RC final.

Microsoft Launcher on 7.1.1 Note and this both setup yesterday were different.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Repost for Instagram stopped working.

Gave me advice over what's running and in status bar such as my VPN. Polished. Acts like RC final.

I would have to agree it feels like a finished product. The entire beta process has been very smooth overall in my opinion. I know others had significant issues but I didn't encounter any major problems and I never regretted participating in the beta.

Daniel Woodward

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone not able to sync basically any data? I stopped receiving emails suddenly and I removed my google account and added it again to try and kick the account sync into action, but that just ended up removing all my data saved to that account (contacts, calendar, etc.) and then didn't sync to restore them. Under the "More information" tab in my samsung cloud sync settings it says "The data that you can sync may differ based on your phone or system software" which makes me things it might be something in the new update messing with it.