Verizon Galaxy S8 Samsung S8 Account Updated Terms Notification

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So lately my S8+ has been popping up a notification about if I want to continue using my Samsung Account, I have to agree to their newly updated terms and agreements. I read through them (for real) and some of it is too big brother for me. They want my permission to read through my emails, watch the apps that I use and have installed, collect my contacts, and even "listen in" to my conversations all under the premise that this will make ads and suggestions more relevent to me. WTH!?! I can see how that can be usefull, but with today's security issues, I am not sure I want to give them that much control.

So I click cancel (Which is all I can do unless I want to agree). Well a few days later it popped up again. I want it to stop.

I would like to use it as my Galaxy S2 watch requires an account in order for me to use the apps on it. So this updated terms thing sucks. I turned off bixby and S voice for the same reasons. Why can't I say no and just leave my account the way it is.

So the question is, anyone know of anyway to turn off that notification? It doesn't work like other notifications to long press and turn them off.

Thanks.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the S8 Active and got the same message. I checked the one in the middle, can't remember what it is called, it seemed to be the least intrusive. I'm with you though, why do they need to be in my contacts, emails, etc,?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the S8 Active and got the same message. I checked the one in the middle, can't remember what it is called, it seemed to be the least intrusive. I'm with you though, why do they need to be in my contacts, emails, etc,?
I checked only that middle option too. The last one had something about profiling my contacts. That was too far.

Luckily, it took even with that one unchecked.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting it too and don't want to accept these terms. I'm thinking about just turning off notifications for the Samsung Account. That should take care of it!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I checked only that middle option too. The last one had something about profiling my contacts. That was too far.

Luckily, it took even with that one unchecked.
I refused to check the last one also. This update was way overboard for being persistent. When I get a app that keeps hounding me for a review, I eventually get annoyed about it and the review isn't as good as it would have been if they didn't drop so many annoying review pop ups. I didn't give Samsung all that they wanted for the same reason.