Sd card notification pop S8+

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've noticed that I've the sd card notification pop lately this is like my 3rd time I've already formatted my card twice (using Samsung micro sd pro card 64gb). And I updated this any idea why this keep popping up? it's starting to get really annoying.

I only store music and photos on my card I noticed this issue when i moved my apps over so i stopped doing that.

Thanks,

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've only seen that pop up after I've remounted the card in my phone.after I clear out the notification it goes away until i have unmount/remount the card again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The card might be unmounting and mounting itself inappropriately, which could mean the card is starting to fail. Can you see if another card does the same thing?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
sadly that's the only card I have I had bad experience with other brands other Than Samsung i had a Adata and sdisk they all fail and get corrupted so far with the Samsung card never had any issue aside from this msg.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's an issue with the SD slot. Unmount the card in Settings>Storage, remove it, then use a can of compressed air to blow into the slot.