S8 music and radio controls not working on lock screen

justin juziah

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi.
My Samsung s8 has an issue where when I'm listening to the radio or music player the controls don't work on the lock screen.
The controls come up and are there.
But are unresponsive on the lock screen and I have to unlock phone to pause or forward what I'm listening to.
My previous Sony z5 didn't have this problem and the controls worked on lockscreen.
Music controller is on and notifications are enabled for all apps.
Cheers. Justin

Can't see how to reply spooky but I double tap and it still doesn't work.
The screen actually responds to the touch of the pause button but has no effect.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is that the control from the notification shade, the ones on the lockscreen, or the ones on the AOD? If the latter, you need to double tap to get them to work.

Double_BB_Owner

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Usually when this happens to me the problem is that it has controls for when I was listening to something yesterday. And not now. So, for example I listened to iheartradio yesterday and was on song A. But today I'm listening to iheartradio and on song B. The controls won't affect song B because it's on song A on the controls I had yesterday. This is frustrating because I listen to music like everyday and I love the lockscreen controls vs unlocking the phone to skip a track.