On my s8, why my notifications disappear after I open the phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Like when I open my phone to view the message in the app but I didn't click on it, I just close it and turn it on but my notification doesnt show

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, are you saying that the notification in the status bar or lockscreen disappears without even opening up that app?

Srdecker30

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Like when I open my phone to view the message in the app but I didn't click on it, I just close it and turn it on but my notification doesnt show

I'm having the same problem... Started a week or two ago. I see the notification when it first comes in, but if I wait a few minutes it's gone, from everywhere. This includes numbers on the app icons showing how many messages I have.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this for all notifications, or only those from the Messages app?

I have had this issue for quite some time with the Messages app. It does the same thing with the Verizon Messages+ app, so it's something internal to Android that is removing the notification. The conversations are still marked as unread when you open either app.

I can't seem to find any correlation as to why it happens. There are times where I'm right next to the phone and hear the text notification sound. The icon will show on the AOD screen, but it will usually disappear before I get the phone all the way open (swipe up as I have Smart Lock tied to my Gear S3).

Since it happens either before or so close to getting to the home screen, I haven't been able to figure out if there is any combination of system state or other notifications that knock the Messages out or something.