Email App Suggestions

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Looking for recommendations for an email app for Android.

I started with the built-in app but for some reason, I can't remember why, it didn't work out.

I tried MS Outlook but that didn't sync contacts outside the app with the result that phone callers would only show a number and the phone book was empty. All my contacts are in Exchange. The desktop version is so godawfully buggy I actually use emClient on there instead of Outlook, it's a bit of a shambles.

I've been using "Nine" on Android for about 6 months however that has elected to stop working with Exchange. It just doesn't sync. This may or may not have to do with me allowing it to update to a newer version on September 12. There doesn't seem to be a way to roll back to a prior version. My fault. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Should have known better etc.

Additionally in that app even when it does work, there's no way to select emails in a list and mass-delete them so you have to click into each one which is a pain I've put up with until now. Actually, it is theoretically possible - you have to hit the little circle on the left with incredible accuracy and I miss around a third of the time with the result that the email opens anyway.

What I need is an email app that syncs with IMAP and Exchange and is capable of syncing email, tasks, calendar and notes e.g. the whole set of functions. There's one called Blue Mail but it doesn't do all of those.

Can anyone suggest an app that can do all of that? Thanks.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
What's really bizarre is that I installed Blue Mail to try, and added the account that no longer sync'ed in Nine.

I thought I'd try that plus possibly other apps to supplement what it doesn't have.

And as soon as I did that, Nine started working again.

I'm not imagining it. Installing Blue Mail fixed Nine. How weird.

That's on a phone with all software updates totally disabled, so it's not an OS update issue, yet it would appear that something 'low lying' beneath both apps was repaired with that installation.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Official Microsoft Outlook App. It's come a long way. And it's FREE. I've had no sync issues once set up correctly. Setting it up can be a little tricky.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Exchange Server can be set up in almost an infinite number of ways, so an app that works perfectly for one setup may not work as well (or almost at all) for another setup.

A Microsoft phone, running Windows, gets close - but even Microsoft can't write any app but the full Outlook program (which isn't available for phones) that will handle all setups of ES.

Anyone using ES may just have to accept the fact that Microsoft products, even though they seem to be the standard for the industry (your internet provider almost certainly doesn't use ES, though - no one's does), are not the standard that the industry writes apps and other software to work on - except for Windows programs running in a home environment.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I use Outlook on my home pc and Nine on my phones. Both work just fine. Nine syncs mail, calendar and contacts for me without problems.

As far as your issue with selecting multiple emails just select one and you'll see a green circle with a check in it in the lower right hand corner. Tap that and all emails will be selected.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I use the stock Samsung email app and really like it. The dark mode, group emails and peak sync are all great features I love.

I tried nine, it is a shocking app. Can only sync 7 days of emails from a Gmail account (messaged support and they confirmed this) won't sync calander either for gmail.

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mostly have been very happy with BlueMail for my 12 accounts... everyone lands in one place... I just wish delete really meant delete...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod