Samsung S8+ alarms not functioning properly

Michael Penick

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
This applies to both the built-in Clock app AND the app I put on the phone (Alarm Clock plus) in an attempt to circumvent the issue. My alarms sometimes work just fine, but other times they go off late. Five minutes late, ten minutes, 13 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes - it's completely random (and not just multiples of 5).

I've had this issue for a long time now. I feel like I ported this issue over from my old Note 4 maybe? I think it was fixed for a short time back then but it reappeared quickly.

Hopefully I'm not alone and someone knows the answer? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What have you done to try to fix this and do you have any other crap apps such as calculators, battery savers, 3rd party screen savers etc on your phone?

Michael Penick

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Power Clean app, which I think has some kind of battery saving function on it. The only calculator is the built-in one by Samsung. I'm willing to uninstall Power Clean - I don't use it at all on this newer phone.

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have the Power Clean app, which I think has some kind of battery saving function on it. The only calculator is the built-in one by Samsung. I'm willing to uninstall Power Clean - I hint use it at all on this newer phone.
Regardless, that app does nothing but use battery and memory. Go to settings, battery, and do your maintenance and optimizing from the android built in energy mgt.
You may want to look around in the settings and see if you notice a rogue app showing in use during the pop-ups.

Michael Penick

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
"You may want to look around in the settings and see if you notice any rogue apps showing in use during the pop-ups."
To what pop-ups are you referring? I don't really understand what you're referring to here. I don't get any pop-ups while looking at my settings that I know of.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
"You may want to look around in the settings and see if you notice any rogue apps showing in use during the pop-ups."
To what pop-ups are you referring? I don't really understand what you're referring to here. I don't get any pop-ups while looking at my settings that I know of.
Your alarms are what I referred to as a pop up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall