Samsung s8 is it worth it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi I have been given a year old s8 with a broken screen is it worth the £209 to get it repaired or should I just get a new phone ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who gave it to you? Do you trust that person, and if so, can they assure you that only the screen is damaged? If you power on the phone, does it vibrate or make any sounds? If not, there could be other hardware issues going on, and just replacing the screen might not be enough.

Billybodger

Aug 6, 2019
Visit site
The phone seems to work ok just the screen is damaged. Its my sons old phone so i know were it came from. He used it right up till he could get a upgrade.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
If the £209 is a quote from Samsung perhaps you could get it done more cheaply by an independent repair service -just a thought, may be worth getting a quote if there's one "in a town centre near you".

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
If the £209 is a quote from Samsung perhaps you could get it done more cheaply by an independent repair service -just a thought, may be worth getting a quote if there's one "in a town centre near you".

209 pounds is quite expensive for a broken screen...you could get a new phone with that.

Billybodger

Aug 6, 2019
Visit site
Yes £209 seems a lot but that was from Samsung using proper Samsung parts and a new battery. I have had a quote from a couple of independants and they came in at £180 -£195 but no guarantee that they would use proper parts so not much of a real saving i think. Just looked on ebay and you can get a refurbed one from £180 with a years guarantee!!! may just see how much i can get for it with trading it in .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch