outgoing emails queued

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Just in the last couple of months, I've been having problems with outgoing emails on my S9 being queued and not being sent. I've cleared my cache and data. I've stopped G-mail and started it again. I've followed just about every suggestion I can find. Sometimes the suggestions work and I'm able to send for a few days or weeks and then it starts again. Extremely frustrating. What can I do to completely correct this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure, this is using the Gmail app, and not the stock Email app, right? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I am using the G-mail app. Can't answer your second question............don't know what you mean. I'm sitting in front of my Wi-fi here at home and it happens. About 20 minutes after I posted my question, the email, with the attached picture went through. I just don't understand it.

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Okay B. Diddy, a little update to my problem.

I'm attaching a picture, taken with my S9, to the email. When I send it, it takes about 10 minutes to upload. After it has uploaded the image, I can "forward" it to the recipient. (in this case, myself) It will go through only after it has uploaded from my gallery to the email and then I forward it to myself. Strange.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay B. Diddy, a little update to my problem.

I'm attaching a picture, taken with my S9, to the email. When I send it, it takes about 10 minutes to upload. After it has uploaded the image, I can "forward" it to the recipient. (in this case, myself) It will go through only after it has uploaded from my gallery to the email and then I forward it to myself. Strange.
Hi, welcome to AC!

This happens both wifi and data?

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
My carrier is Consumer Cellular............but I don't know what you mean by "carrier internet". (told you I was tech-illiterate)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mobile data refers to your 3G/4G mobile data -- in other words, how the phone connects to the internet in the absence of wi-fi. Try turning off your wi-fi temporarily and see if the emails still get queued up.

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
My phone is 4G. And my provider (Oklahoma Electric Co-op) is 4G. Can't turn off my wi-fi right now because the little wife is watching television............which comes through our wi-fi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, don't turn off your wi-fi router. Swipe down your notification panel on your phone and tap the Wi-fi toggle to turn it off on the phone.

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
No, I didn't forget my password. And I finally got connected back. Yes, still queued on mobile data.

It still takes about 5-10 minutes for an image to upload from my gallery to the email. During that time, the email shows as queued. Then it sends! So maybe my problem isn't the queued part, but how long it takes an image to upload.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I didn't forget my password. And I finally got connected back. Yes, still queued on mobile data.
Couple things to try
1. Gmail app clear its data and force close it
2. Reset network, to do this go settings >general management >reset >reset network

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I've done your first suggestion repeatedly. And just completed your second suggestion. Tried to send an email with the image..........on data, not wi-fi. Same problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've done your first suggestion repeatedly. And just completed your second suggestion. Tried to send an email with the image..........on data, not wi-fi. Same problem.
Hmmm..strange , you also force stop Gmail app after clear data and cache?

Chris623

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Can't remember if I did it before or after, but I've force stopped it repeatedly during all of this stuff.

Okay, I just cleared the data and cache and force-stopped G-mail. Then restarted it and tried to send the same email. It went right through.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can't remember if I did it before or after, but I've force stopped it repeatedly during all of this stuff.
Ok we try another thing , long press Gmail app tap.app info , at the very top to right should be 3 dots and tap it , Uninstall the update and retest

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member