Factory unlock

James Reid

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there an easy way to 'Factory Unlock' an S9+. The ad says 'GSM Unlocked' and then several carriers but I would like to have mine factory unlocked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing it advertised? "GSM unlocked" most likely means it's a GSM phone (as opposed to a CDMA phone -- CDMA was previously used by Verizon and Sprint, but has since been shut down), and that it's carrier-unlocked. So it will probably meet your needs, assuming the seller is being completely honest.

James Reid

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. That was what I was looking for. I recently purchased a S9+ and was concerned about it being unlocked since I have a sims from my previous phone and wanted to use it again. I understand that CDMA does not use sims but the GSM does and you can use sims chips from another phone. I did this before but wasn't sure this time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
CDMA phones in later years did use SIM cards as well, primarily for the 4G signal (CDMA is a 2G technology). The best way to know for sure is to get the exact model number of the phone, so that you can look up the specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419