T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ordered through chat on the t-mobile app around 5am March 2nd. Says ship date between the 14th and 16th. Would've ordered sooner, but the guys in the store when I switched to t-mobile set up my JOD on my kids line so I had to sort that out first. I swear the store employees are completely clueless to their jobs. Pretty much everything they said and did was wrong.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of people that pre-ordered the Note 8 received them really early but I think that was because Samsung was fine with or even wanted carriers to send them out early to make up a little and give a thank you to buyers after the massive Note 7 issues.

Now that's over so it back to business as usual with the shipping, I fully expect to get charged on my credit card this Friday or Saturday but not see any movement from UPS until Monday or Tuesday night with delivery the next day.

That's what happened with my iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X devices...

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered: agreement signed March 2 @ 6:30pm

App estimated ship date: 3/13-3/15.

Ship destination/type: Oregon via express shipping.

mbadd2006

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
1. Ordered the S9 on the 3d
2. Cancelled the S9 on the 5th and ordered the S9+ with no down payment and free shipping under JOD. T-Mobile account shows shipping 3/13-3/15

When I ordered the + this is what T-Mobile tforce did to me and I only found out yesterday their mistake. They ordered it under my wife’s phone number and she has the iPhone X also. So, they expect me to turn-in her phone as that’s the IMEI that is listed. I asked them to change the IMEI to mine and they said it was too complicated and suggested I cancel the order again and reorder. I said no thanks and chose to just switch our phones and turn hers in. T-Mobile CSRs are always nice but they easily make so many mistakes. This isn’t the first time they screwed something up for me!

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Ordered the S9 on the 3d
2. Cancelled the S9 on the 5th and ordered the S9+ with no down payment and free shipping under JOD. T-Mobile account shows shipping 3/13-3/15

When I ordered the + this is what T-Mobile tforce did to me and I only found out yesterday their mistake. They ordered it under my wife’s phone number and she has the iPhone X also. So, they expect me to turn-in her phone as that’s the IMEI that is listed. I asked them to change the IMEI to mine and they said it was too complicated and suggested I cancel the order again and reorder. I said no thanks and chose to just switch our phones and turn hers in. T-Mobile CSRs are always nice but they easily make so many mistakes. This isn’t the first time they screwed something up for me!

Oh wow that happened to me also with the Note 7 and I was sooooo pissed! I ended up being forced to send the Note 7 back the same day I received it because it was attached to the wrong number and that number was "locked" to that Note 7 IMEI.

It wasn't too bad because I just went to the store and bought the Note 7 in person the following day so it wasn't a big deal. My girlfriend was in no way sending in her phone and going through the hassle of swapping stuff around.

If you cancel the order and reorder it on your number I'm sure you will still receive it the same day we all receive it plus you don't have to worry about swapping phones around or having contracts signed on the wrong line, etc.

Actually this is why I prefer my own separate account but a family plan is cheaper plus her employer pays half the monthly bill so I guess I shouldn't complain.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I did not. Doesn't seem worth it considering the $200 deductible. I may try samsung premium care again if the app let's me sign up this time.

I didn't either. I have $600 of insurance through my Uber Visa card, and it only has a $25 deductible.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't either. I have $600 of insurance through my Uber Visa card, and it only has a $25 deductible.
@arunma:

may i ask how that insurance and deductible you mentioned is used/can be claimed? i don't know about this seemingly highly useful insurance through that card!

thanks in advance.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
@Amy & those "voices" other people are hearing: ;)

regarding those 5 AM situations ...

View attachment 280216
Give you a quick background, I'm up that early on purpose. Sometimes our autistic son is up early, but usually - the siberian huskies and puggle are up early. Like today - the male husky started crying up a storm - fed them all and they went back to sleep, like kids lol.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I looked up the Tmobile preorder thread for the Note 8 - it ended up having over 2600 posts. I'm wondering how close this one will come to that.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Figured I'd be creative lol. Done with my Tab S3: The edit colors are the phone color.
147206bd01584d39bb5ec1d9613b0da8.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Figured I'd be creative lol. Done with my Tab S3: The edit colors are the phone color.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180308/147206bd01584d39bb5ec1d9613b0da8.jpg
I "started" the ordering process on the 3rd, but the Tmobile facebook chat people... they are SLOW to respond - ended up taking until the 4th very early, to get the order done. Still showing the same ship date range but I'm holding out hope for an early ship, like happened with the Note 8. Note 8 shipped in my case, about 7 days before the projected date range.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
@arunma:

may i ask how that insurance and deductible you mentioned is used/can be claimed? i don't know about this seemingly highly useful insurance through that card!

thanks in advance.

I'm not yet sure, but I plan to soon make a claim for my Gear S3 to get the aging battery replaced, so I'll be sure to let you guys know!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Checked my card again this morning. Still no charge, and still no change on the app regarding the ship date. It's still 3/14 - 3/16