T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No I know but it is a good sign if they're starting to get charged I've been through this a few times believe me LOL I'm with T-Mobile I was only over there because right before I upgraded I almost went with Sprint

Oh that sounds like a nightmare to me :p.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
When will T-Moible Start Shipping the Galaxy S9/S9+ orders?

We’ll begin shipping orders as soon as we get inventory and you will receive an alert once your order is being processed for shipment. Pre-order through the T-Mobile App by March 12 and get yours before it hits stores with free 2-day shipping.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/sam...faqs?icid=WMD_TMNG_18SMSGGS9_8ZB3OMS2R7O12500

I would assume T-Mobile will receive the S9/S9+ early pre-orders inventory this week from China so they should start shipping by the end of the week...maybe. Actually I've heard on other forums that T-Mobile already has the first few batches of S9/S9+ sitting in their main warehouse but I don't think that's true.

Per this link you won't see any movement until next Monday if you pre-order today but what about the people that pre-ordered the first day pre-orders went live?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=ggAk3hT6

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When will T-Moible Start Shipping the Galaxy S9/S9+ orders?

We’ll begin shipping orders as soon as we get inventory and you will receive an alert once your order is being processed for shipment. Pre-order through the T-Mobile App by March 12 and get yours before it hits stores with free 2-day shipping.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/sam...faqs?icid=WMD_TMNG_18SMSGGS9_8ZB3OMS2R7O12500

I would assume T-Mobile will receive the S9/S9+ early pre-orders inventory this week from China so they should start shipping by the end of the week...maybe. Actually I've heard on other forums that T-Mobile already has the first few batches of S9/S9+ sitting in their main warehouse but I don't think that's true.

Per this link you won't see any movement until next Monday if you pre-order today but what about the people that pre-ordered the first day pre-orders went live?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=Nyo1mR6t
I've been through Preordering for Note 7, S8+. They don't really go in order - somet times people that preordered later, got theirs before those that preordered before them.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been through Preordering for Note 7, S8+. They don't really go in order - somet times people that preordered later, got theirs before those that preordered before them.
That's happened to me and other folks who ordered phones not from Samsung at the same time. I ordered first but got my phone much later than other folks.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I remember that also, I did regular free shipping like always because I've heard of people doing overnight shipping, paying that extra money (sometimes more than $20) and receiving their phone on the same day as someone who did free-shipping or pre-ordered a few days after them.

It doesn't seem to make sense to pay for overnight shipping since all the pre-orders start shipping at the same time roughly no matter what shipping option you choose....at least with Samsung pre-orders.

Also every year I pre-order a Samsung phone I receive it the day after it ships anyway.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I remember that also, I did regular free shipping like always because I've heard of people doing overnight shipping, paying that extra money (sometimes more than $20) and receiving their phone on the same day as someone who did free-shipping or pre-ordered a few days after them.

That's not right
Even by paying extra, I just feel better "mentally"about it lol. Because I'm just impatient. I got my Note 8 on Sept 7 - it actually delivered tot he UPSlocation on Sept 6 but I was out of town - so I got it the next day.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, pre ordered mines. Everything went smooth. Choose the Lilac color. I'm actually excited for this.
After trying the cameras (plural) of the S9+ at Best buy, i'm really stunned.

They have a contraption for demonstration that has a hole at the top, like a kaleidoscope, where you point the S9+'s camera, and even though it's pitch black inside, the picture comes out nicely!

Very impressive!

Big pixel size captures more light per pixel.

That contraption for demos also does some spinning tricks, where a wheel spins (like a merry go around) and you use the S9+'s super slow motion to take a video of it. then, upon playback, you slow it down and it is really special!

Good demos!

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Even by paying extra, I just feel better "mentally"about it lol. Because I'm just impatient. I got my Note 8 on Sept 7 - it actually delivered tot he UPSlocation on Sept 6 but I was out of town - so I got it the next day.

Yeah I got the $15 2 day delivery on the Note 8 and had it delivered on the 6th too. I was hoping that the figure of 9 days before release would hold here too, but that would mean delivery tomorrow and it doesn't look as though T-Mobile will be shipping tonight.

Quite maddening, all of this speculation. Just today at work I was "triggered" when I saw a UPS truck outside the office, and I freaked out when I got a UPS email just a couple hours ago...which turned out to be some necklace my wife ordered. This can't be healthy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the whole experience.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I got the $15 2 day delivery on the Note 8 and had it delivered on the 6th too. I was hoping that the figure of 9 days before release would hold here too, but that would mean delivery tomorrow and it doesn't look as though T-Mobile will be shipping tonight.

Quite maddening, all of this speculation. Just today at work I was "triggered" when I saw a UPS truck outside the office, and I freaked out when I got a UPS email just a couple hours ago...which turned out to be some necklace my wife ordered. This can't be healthy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the whole experience.
For the Note 8 when waitin on Preorder to ship, I had a ups truck on my home page as the background lol

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
After trying the cameras (plural) of the S9+ at Best buy, i'm really stunned.

They have a contraption for demonstration that has a hole at the top, like a kaleidoscope, where you point the S9+'s camera, and even though it's pitch black inside, the picture comes out nicely!

Very impressive!

Big pixel size captures more light per pixel.

That contraption for demos also does some spinning tricks, where a wheel spins (like a merry go around) and you use the S9+'s super slow motion to take a video of it. then, upon playback, you slow it down and it is really special!

Good demos!
My t-mobile store has the same contraption for the s9+ camera yet they don't even have a working 9 plus. Seemed kind of stupid to me. They had a working s9, but that's not the phone with the amazing low light camera.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That made me laugh LOL. I'm reading on Reddit and some other places TMobile shipping out early next week fingers crossed
I think the Note 8 was about a week or a little more than that, early / in advance of the official in-store release date. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this one show up early as well. I've been checking MyUps app a few times a day and my paypal card history to see if a charge is coming up. Not yet lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards