T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung authorized carriers to ship a week early

But it was the same last year. I just went through the S8 pre-order thread to refresh my memory. Most people got a "shipped" notification along with a "processed by ups", but the origin scans didn't come for almost 4-5 days later.
i.e:

Attachments

• 1460.jpg
    1460.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 60

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i certainly hope that TMobile will ship out a week early, but alas, the "one week early mark" has come and gone. yesterday would have been the one week early mark, right?

the best TMobile can do now is to ship out on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday, which merely means 2-3 days prior to actual launch day in stores. not much in terms of being early, but better than zero. at least there is no waiting in lines or have to wait for a TMobile employee to help you in a store on launch day. we may all sit in the comfort of our homes and merely wait for the brown truck...but, @Amy already has that as her wallpaper - an annual ritual by now! ;)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
i certainly hope that TMobile will ship out a week early, but alas, the "one week early mark" has come and gone. yesterday would have been the one week early mark, right?

the best TMobile can do now is to ship out on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday, which merely means 2-3 days prior to actual launch day in stores. not much in terms of being early, but better than zero. at least there is no waiting in lines or have to wait for a TMobile employee to help you in a store on launch day. we may all sit in the comfort of our homes and merely wait for the brown truck...but, @Amy already has that as her wallpaper - an annual ritual by now! ;)
May depend on your location to the UPS terminal. If I have something ups nda and it scans and picks up even at say 3 am Monday, it's gotten to my ups depot for pickup that morning

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
can't wait to pair my new beats by dre wireless headphones to the s9Plus :) Using them now with the Tab S3 at Starbucks.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
can't wait to pair my new beats by dre wireless headphones to the s9Plus :) Using them now with the Tab S3 at Starbucks.

similarly, i can't wait to try the new dual rear cameras, both for low light photography, as well as for the slo-mo video mode.

i'm wondering if the cameras have a decent "macro" mode as well?

GoldlexusAN

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
But last year didn't UPS hold the packages and deliver the S8 like a day before release day? I have a feeling we might not see delivery dates/UPS updates until about the 14th. I could be wrong, but I'm just not getting my hopes up.

What I remember from last years S8 pre-order/delivery was exactly what's happening now. Labels created and the devices held over the weekend. Origin Scans showing up late Sunday/early Monday. Delivery dates for those Next day Monday/Tuesday and for 2 Day Air Wednesday. It looks like that is how it is being done this year. I expect mine on Wednesday.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
But it was the same last year. I just went through the S8 pre-order thread to refresh my memory. Most people got a "shipped" notification along with a "processed by ups", but the origin scans didn't come for almost 4-5 days later.
i.e:

True, I don't think we'll see an origin scan until sometime late Monday evening or early Tuesday morning (depending on your time zone).

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

Good choice. My wife and I each have a pair of Beats Solo 3 headphones. It might be an Apple product, but they seem to play nice with Samsung phones! I know because my wife uses an iPhone 8+, and there's basically no difference in terms of ease of use.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
What I remember from last years S8 pre-order/delivery was exactly what's happening now. Labels created and the devices held over the weekend. Origin Scans showing up late Sunday/early Monday. Delivery dates for those Next day Monday/Tuesday and for 2 Day Air Wednesday. It looks like that is how it is being done this year. I expect mine on Wednesday.

Yeah, as the week comes to a close, this is looking more and more likely. Which is slightly inconvenient for me because my boss is on vacation and left me in charge of the meetings...of which there are many on Wednesday.

I, however, am crazy enough for this phone that I will likely run home during the lunch hour to retrieve it from my apartment's office. I can think of no greater hell than coming home after they close and knowing my S9+ is a few feet away from me, and yet inaccessible.

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Meanwhile my order stays still says being processed. T-Mobile claims they process in order. I let them know that was incorrect. A friend who ordered this morning has UPS info

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Meanwhile my order stays still says being processed. T-Mobile claims they process in order. I let them know that was incorrect. A friend who ordered this morning has UPS info

Ouch, sorry to hear!

It's weird because it seems this isn't an issue when it comes to iPhone pre-orders. If you order an iPhone right when pre-orders start and someone does their iPhone pre-order 6 days later you will get your iPhone first (99% chance at least).

When it comes to pre-ordering non-iPhones then it seems like its up in the air on when your pre-order is processed/shipped...not based on the date/time your pre-order went through T-Mobile's system or your "place in line" and I don't know why.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
People who ordered today have UPS info. I ordered right away at midnight and mine is still "being processed" T-mobile claims they process in the order they are received, but that's clearly not true.
It could just be that it didn't update Timely you watch your probably have all the same info by this afternoon most orders end of delivery within 1 to 2 days of each other I would imagine

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Following a possible winter storm here in the Mid Atlantic on Monday. I normally enjoy weather but this may effect deliver of my S9 :'(

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Hope this isn’t the case. If I pay for next day select I should get mine before people who only paid for 2 day. If this is the case I will be asking for a refund of the difference

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I’m so excited! We are upgrading from two S7 Edges to the S9 ( purple and blue). We literally called in the second they were available for pre-order and was the first to order S9s from that customer service rep. We decided to not upgrade our shipping in order to save a few bucks and it looks like that was the right choice as We’ve already got our shipping notice. It also looks like they upgraded our shipping for us for free.

We also ordered two of the charging pads. We pre-ordered a pink and blue SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series phone cases. I had never heard of the brand before but my research says they’re good cases plus We got 30% off for preordering the cases. I figure for under $20 a phone case We would give them a try. Does anyone know if they’re good cases?

We’re gifting our S7 Edges to our twin 18 year old daughters along with two good phone cases. They break so easy! Both my husband and I’ve broke the front and back screens on the Edges more then I’d like to admit. They still work but man the glass breaks easy on them! I admit We wasn’t the best at keeping them in cases So have made sure to get our twins really good cases. Which btw were difficult to find for the Edges.

We are having the glass on the phones replaced and got them the highest rated cases off amazon but are considering ordering them two more cases so they have a couple to choose between. Any advice? Anyways, I thought I’d say Hi and wait with everyone for our phones to arrive!

FD52408E-7E46-4CEC-9936-1F23E90E169D.jpg

Last edited:

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
I am surprised at the number of people I have seen saying they break easy. I've dropped my S7 edge more than a few times and not a scratch. I only use the cheap thin cases...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress