Samsung S9 Music output

sstringer

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I’ve just received my Samsung S9 this morning and I’m very happy with the look and software having moved from an IPhone 6s and had nothing but issues!! Only issue I’ve had is that my radio doesn’t work in my car so I’ve always used Apple Music via my phone and I went to test it out having downloaded all my music to the new phone and it just doesn’t work. Does anybody know whether or not it will work or should Work? Otherwise if it point blank doesn’t I will unfortunately be returning it tomorrow with this being a feature I need :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What specific issue are you having? How are you connecting the phone to your car? If you were using USB to your iPhone, that uses a different protocol (iOS-specific, unfortunately) on most units, so the only USB support they have for non-iOS devices is straight-up USB-Media stick support.

If you are connecting your phone through Bluetooth, then that should work as long as you can play the files in the phone to begin with. Can you play the files/music on your phone, without it being connected to the car? If you are connecting via Bluetooth, does your car 'see' your phone? Can calls be made through it? Do any other apps' audio come through the car's system (playing a video from YouTube, voice messages from Whatsapp, etc.)?

If you're using an AUX cable, check that the impedance isn't causing the phone not to register the output cable (check using wired headphones, does audio come out?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles