Post your S9 drop survival stories! With or without a case!

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my comparatively sturdy S7 for an s9 last Friday at TMobile after much deliberation surrounding durability of the new device.
I left the store with a tech21 TPU case so my new delicate device wasn't completely naked until my Spigen ultra hybrid case arrived from Amazon.

However, I am not completely comfortable with this phone. I am always afraid of shattering the thing. Which isn't a good feeling. My S7 survived dozens of drops in the Spigen ultra hybrid case.
I know this is a glass encased phone.

I know it's a fragile and expensive phone,and accidents will happen even with the best preventions. But I'd love to hear from everyone regarding their experiences thus far!
It's an absolute delight to use. I just want to actually use the thing and appreciate it's fine craftsmanship instead of encasing it in bubble wrap.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a drop story but I feel kind of the same way. Although I feel this way every single time I get a new phone. I place it gingerly on any surface and treat it like the most fragile thing in the world. But, that fades over time. I mean, the s7 edge is all glass too but mine took many tumbles. None from terribly high, but still. I hope the s9 is equal to that. I just have an insignia clear tpu case on mine. I find having a sticky case like this one prevents so many drops. I bought a spigen rugged armour as well but it is ridiculously slippery so I'm not using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress