New Samsung User; Couple of Questions

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As the title states, I am new to Samsung and have a few questions regarding the S9+. Had the phone for a full week and still learning but like it so far.

On my previous android devices, if I was playing music from any player, I had could pulled down notifications and see the music controller. Not on the S9+, or I am overlooking it. I keep pulling up all apps to get back to the player to skip, pause or whatever is needed. Any suggestions on this?

Also, is there anyway to swipe up on Chrome to see a list of bookmarks? I can not find a way for those three dots to show up?

I am noticing with Edge Light, it is hit or miss. It works mostly at night only.

I did have more questions but forgot them on the drive home. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
As the title states, I am new to Samsung and have a few questions regarding the S9+. Had the phone for a full week and still learning but like it so far.

On my previous android devices, if I was playing music from any player, I had could pulled down notifications and see the music controller. Not on the S9+, or I am overlooking it. I keep pulling up all apps to get back to the player to skip, pause or whatever is needed. Any suggestions on this?

Also, is there anyway to swipe up on Chrome to see a list of bookmarks? I can not find a way for those three dots to show up?

I am noticing with Edge Light, it is hit or miss. It works mostly at night only.

I did have more questions but forgot them on the drive home. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

Most music players should show up in the notification shade, it may be a setting in that App. On mine it does with samsung music, soundcloud and tidal.

I'm not sure which device you came from before this one but I don't think it does that. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not to sure about edge lighting as I don't use it, but if you have any other questions I'll try and answer or I'm sure someone else will.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That is what i was thinking as well. I have Google Play, Pandora, Power Amp, and Spotify. Neither have the music controls in the notification shade. I will keep looking. Thanks

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
That is what i was thinking as well. I have Google Play, Pandora, Power Amp, and Spotify. Neither have the music controls in the notification shade. I will keep looking. Thanks

It has to be a setting on your phone because play music and Spotify definitely show up in the notification shade.

Are you using a different launcher by any chance?

joemontana57

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Pandora. the player shows up on the notification shade.
also, did you know you can put it on the always on display? settings-lock screen and security-clock and face widgets-face widgets... double click the song title to activate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38