S9 privacy permissions vs iPhone privacy permissions?

anon(10418614)

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
So I ordered a S9 earlier in the day and Im excited to finally sway away from iPhones after so many years. I do have a question in regards to privacy permissions.

On the iPhone in the settings, theres a privacy tab that allows you to go in and turn on or off different permissions for different apps. Like disable mic access, gps, text, call logs etc. Does Samsung S9 also have this where I can control what the apps do and dont have access to?

Last edited:

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I've also made the switch from an iPhone to the S9+, and I'm so glad I did! This phone is light years ahead...

Re the permissions settings, yes there's a pretty similar settings page that allows you to control all the permissions for each and every app.

6l61kkj.jpg

0cLFSoS.jpg

anon(10418614)

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I've also made the switch from an iPhone to the S9+, and I'm so glad I did! This phone is light years ahead...

Re the permissions settings, yes there's a pretty similar settings page that allows you to control all the permissions for each and every app.

Heck yeah thats awesome! Im glad it uses the same privacy method where the user is in control, not where the app does what it wants to do. Thats a plus!

How are you liking the phone so far? I agree its def ahead. Especially ahead of the iPhone. I grew tired of iOS. Oh and do you use iCloud email on yours? Im hoping I'll still be able to have access to iCloud email by using the stock email app on the S9.

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
How are you liking the phone so far? I agree its def ahead. Especially ahead of the iPhone. I grew tired of iOS. Oh and do you use iCloud email on yours? Im hoping I'll still be able to have access to iCloud email by using the stock email app on the S9.

I absolutely love it! It's so great.
The phone is so advanced and on top of it YOU control everything on the phone, and not the phone dictating what you can or can't do.
iOS is so limited, it drove me nuts. Apple really needs to step up their game, because their OS feels really dated.
The only thing I miss from iOS is swiping right to go back and tapping the top of the screen to go up, but that's really minor.

I've never used the iCloud email (or any iCloud service), but you can definitely use it on your new S9.
Here's a guide:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/how-set-your-icloud-email-account-android?amp

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The phone is so advanced and on top of it YOU control everything on the phone, and not the phone dictating what you can or can't do.
iOS is so limited, it drove me nuts. Apple really needs to step up their game, because their OS feels really dated.
The only thing I miss from iOS is swiping right to go back and tapping the top of the screen to go up, but that's really minor.

I've never used the iCloud email (or any iCloud service), but you can definitely use it on your new S9.
Here's a guide:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/how-set-your-icloud-email-account-android?amp
I think you may be able to perform some of those swiping moves if you install Nova Launcher. I've not set these up but remembered seeing the settings
95c34b4ae8931c762f436f531b818420.jpg

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I think you may be able to perform some of those swiping moves if you install Nova Launcher. I've not set these up but remembered seeing the settings

Thanks!
I did install Nova and it was nice, but unfortunately those gestures are for the home screen only.
On iOS these gestures are system-wide and work everywhere - like email, notes, internet browser, settings app etc. and even in third party apps like browsers and bank.

Last edited:

anon(10418614)

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site

Here's a guide:

Nice! Im waiting for mine to come in. At&t notified me by email that it was finally on the way. Cant wait! Yeah iOS is very limited i agree. Simple yes but boring and so closed when it comes to functions.

Well i sure hope iCloud works flawlessly like on iOS. Its my main concern.

Few more days and i will have it in my hands!

anon(10418614)

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
Got my S9! I have l0ts of exploring to do. Theres sooooo many settings its a bit overwhelming. I sure do hope once its configured it'll win over my iphone.

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
too bad more people didn't migrate to bb10. the swipe gestures were great. android is working on it in Android p. I guess we will have to wait and see if the s9 gets it