Galaxy S9+ running Oreo.
    Bluetooth Auto connect has forced me to engage in ridiculous amounts of Bluetooth management when going in and out of my car. I use a bluetooth headset all day (talk and music). When I get in my car, my phone automatically connects to my car. I am in and out of my car 30-40 times per day...hence the high level of bluetooth management. I have tried several work-arounds with poor success and inconvenient interruptions to my day. It seems there should be a button in the Bluetooth connections menu that let's folks turn this feature on/off. Forcing a connection to paired devices implies someone (Android) knows my phone call and music preferences.

Bluetooth auto connect should be like the "auto brightness" on android phones where I have the choice to use the automated feature.

Any thoughts on this?
    08-20-2018 12:03 PM
    You could unpair the car...
    08-20-2018 02:32 PM
    You could unpair the car...
    Yes, I could. But then when I want to use my car audio, I would need to re-pair. If there was no auto connect I could just choose what device I want to use from my Connection menu. Simple, quick, user controlled.
    08-20-2018 02:44 PM
    Have you tried dual audio? In settings, connections, Bluetooth, three dots, dual audio
    Or keep the car's Bluetooth disabled until you need it.
    08-21-2018 09:20 AM
    Galaxy S9+ running Oreo.
    Bluetooth Auto connect has forced me to engage in ridiculous amounts of Bluetooth management when going in and out of my car. I use a bluetooth headset all day (talk and music). When I get in my car, my phone automatically connects to my car. I am in and out of my car 30-40 times per day...hence the high level of bluetooth management. I have tried several work-arounds with poor success and inconvenient interruptions to my day. It seems there should be a button in the Bluetooth connections menu that let's folks turn this feature on/off. Forcing a connection to paired devices implies someone (Android) knows my phone call and music preferences.

Bluetooth auto connect should be like the "auto brightness" on android phones where I have the choice to use the automated feature.

Any thoughts on this?
    Im sorry if i got this wrong. So the problem is that the phone keeps connecting back and forth? In my Mitsubishi i could turn auto reconnect off. So if i wantes to connect my phone to the car i got to open bluetooth in the car and tap my phone.
    08-24-2018 11:02 AM
    If you're only using it for media, you may be able to just turn off the phone call audio in the Bluetooth settings for that device.
    08-24-2018 12:00 PM