Galaxy S9+ running Oreo.
    Bluetooth Auto connect has forced me to engage in ridiculous amounts of Bluetooth management when going in and out of my car. I use a bluetooth headset all day (talk and music). When I get in my car, my phone automatically connects to my car. I am in and out of my car 30-40 times per day...hence the high level of bluetooth management. I have tried several work-arounds with poor success and inconvenient interruptions to my day. It seems there should be a button in the Bluetooth connections menu that let's folks turn this feature on/off. Forcing a connection to paired devices implies someone (Android) knows my phone call and music preferences.

Bluetooth auto connect should be like the "auto brightness" on android phones where I have the choice to use the automated feature.

Any thoughts on this?
    08-20-2018 11:03 AM
    You could unpair the car...
    08-20-2018 01:32 PM
    You could unpair the car...
    Yes, I could. But then when I want to use my car audio, I would need to re-pair. If there was no auto connect I could just choose what device I want to use from my Connection menu. Simple, quick, user controlled.
    08-20-2018 01:44 PM
    Have you tried dual audio? In settings, connections, Bluetooth, three dots, dual audio
    Or keep the car's Bluetooth disabled until you need it.
    08-21-2018 08:20 AM
    Galaxy S9+ running Oreo.
    Bluetooth Auto connect has forced me to engage in ridiculous amounts of Bluetooth management when going in and out of my car. I use a bluetooth headset all day (talk and music). When I get in my car, my phone automatically connects to my car. I am in and out of my car 30-40 times per day...hence the high level of bluetooth management. I have tried several work-arounds with poor success and inconvenient interruptions to my day. It seems there should be a button in the Bluetooth connections menu that let's folks turn this feature on/off. Forcing a connection to paired devices implies someone (Android) knows my phone call and music preferences.

Bluetooth auto connect should be like the "auto brightness" on android phones where I have the choice to use the automated feature.

Any thoughts on this?
    Im sorry if i got this wrong. So the problem is that the phone keeps connecting back and forth? In my Mitsubishi i could turn auto reconnect off. So if i wantes to connect my phone to the car i got to open bluetooth in the car and tap my phone.
    08-24-2018 10:02 AM
    If you're only using it for media, you may be able to just turn off the phone call audio in the Bluetooth settings for that device.
    08-24-2018 11:00 AM
    I have the same problem. We have multiple Bluetooth devices in our home and multiple phones. Whenever we turn on one device all the phones try to connect to it and it makes a mess. Especially if that phone is already playing something on a different device. I would like to be able to auto connect to some devices (like my earphones) but not others (like the speakers in the house). Is there any way to do this?
    06-22-2019 03:41 AM
    I have the same problem. We have multiple Bluetooth devices in our home and multiple phones. Whenever we turn on one device all the phones try to connect to it and it makes a mess. Especially if that phone is already playing something on a different device. I would like to be able to auto connect to some devices (like my earphones) but not others (like the speakers in the house). Is there any way to do this?
    This is a year old post.
    Your issue can be resolved in settings by turning off Bluetooth scanning.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    06-22-2019 06:36 AM