Lost all custom ringtones and notification files after Android Pie Update

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone else? Those folders are gone from my file structure, and some of the custom files I've had for over a decade were deleted after the latest VZW update. Has anyone else experienced this?

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I noticed it changed my defaults as well for ringtone and messages. I will confess I only had 1 custom ringtone and used stock for the rest. This occurred after the February security update

Beth Calderon

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone else? Those folders are gone from my file structure, and some of the custom files I've had for over a decade were deleted after the latest VZW update. Has anyone else experienced this?

This also happened to me. My phone started ringing last night, with the VZW Airwaves tone, and I didn't even know it was my phone, since I've used "Basic Bell" for years. I don't know why it changed that and other notification sounds. Very obnoxious.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is exactly how I noticed the problem. I have a song by Air that I have used for years and suddenly I too got the stock VZW tone. No idea why this happened and seemingly no recovery method since I didn't back my files up. My bad!

Mbun2

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I recently lost all my ringtone settings for contacts. The media files are still there, but contacts are set to default. And when I try to change one, it shows the special ringtone I had set. If I choose another, then go back to the one I want, it shows it on the contact but doesn't play it when they call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra