Gallery app map view does not show all the photos I have but just a few.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have so many photos on my Samsung S9Plus gallery, that my guess is that the gallery app has a limit when you go to a picture details and click on its map part.

Months ago, when doing this ALL your pictures where properly shown on the same map, right where they were taken. However, I notice now that only a few (maybe 2000) are shown.

If I go to any I know it is not shown and do the same (details and click on map) it shown the map where it was taken but other pictures not shown (only the same 2000 but not this one). In addition, its thumbnail is not shown, which is weird.

Again, to me it looks like a hardcoded limit on the Gallery app but has anyone noticed the same? If so, how to fix this?

Thanks.

Estoo

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
I would like to highjack this thread because I have the exact same issue.
@mustang7757: Both, but even photos shot with the stock camera app and never modified do not show up.
To make it even more strange, when I check photo details, location is shown correctly.

Deleting the app cache did not help.

Any help is appreciated

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would like to highjack this thread because I have the exact same issue.
@mustang7757: Both, but even photos shot with the stock camera app and never modified do not show up.
To make it even more strange, when I check photo details, location is shown correctly.

Deleting the app cache did not help.

Any help is appreciated
Hi, welcome !

You try clearing data,cache, force stop gallery app?

Estoo

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
Yes, Same settings as yours. And in alternative gallery apps everything appears correctly. I think I will use a different app...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo