Indicator for mobile data on for Galaxy A50 or A70

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately there's no indicator of data on/off in the pulldown on these phones which i find really frustrating because I never know if the data is on or off unless I go to settings > connections > data usage .... that's 3 clicks away !
Does anybody know if there's an easier way to monitor the status of the mobile data?

Thanks

EDIT: Shortly after I posted this I found a great solution !
This method restores the mobile data indicator to the pulldown. It took 5 minutes
Thank you

http://easyrestore.pconline.ca/en/

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No need for all that stuff or downloading unknown apps.

Just pull down the notification bar with two fingers (or swipe down with one finger, then swipe it down a second time to fully expand it). You'll see the mobile data and hotspot buttons there, or possibly have to swipe left to the second page of buttons. You can also tap the menu button (circled in red in the photo) and select button order to re-arrange them however you like. Long press the buttons to move, then slide them to where you want, even to the top row so they show up with a single finger swipe down on the notification bar.IMG_20191005_135041.jpeg

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
No need for all that stuff or downloading unknown apps.

Just pull down the notification bar with two fingers (or swipe down with one finger, then swipe it down a second time to fully expand it). You'll see the mobile data and hotspot buttons there, or possibly have to swipe left to the second page of buttons. You can also tap the menu button (circled in red in the photo) and select button order to re-arrange them however you like. Long press the buttons to move, then slide them to where you want, even to the top row so they show up with a single finger swipe down on the notification bar.View attachment 311160

Thanks but I'm quite familiar with Android for a few years and this is the first thing that I tried. I'm not the only one facing this problem, for some reason either Samsung or the network provider HAS REMOVED the switch from the pulldown. Please google the problem and you'll find lots of people with this problem.
The method described is probably the only way to do it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I'm quite familiar with Android for a few years and this is the first thing that I tried. I'm not the only one facing this problem, for some reason either Samsung or the network provider HAS REMOVED the switch from the pulldown. Please google the problem and you'll find lots of people with this problem.
The method described is probably the only way to do it.
No offence, but that site you first linked to seemed rather questionable due to asking you to download and run an unknown program, and this is the first I've heard of those buttons being completely removed. I have seen several posts along the same lines where it was a matter of simply re-ordering the buttons, and thought that was the same for you.

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
No offence, but that site you first linked to seemed rather questionable due to asking you to download and run an unknown program, and this is the first I've heard of those buttons being completely removed. I have seen several posts along the same lines where it was a matter of simply re-ordering the buttons, and thought that was the same for you.

No offence taken, I appreciate your safety concerns. Actually it looks like there's already an app in Playstore that does all that for you. :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.code_segment.quickpanelrestore&hl=en

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you already tried editing the Quick Settings panel to see if the Mobile Data toggle is among the toggles you could add?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty