Samsung UK confirms JB update in October

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just read that today bro (in a diferent article) :)
remember thats only for sim-free s3 though.
i feel sorry for the american carrier locked peeps though

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

vpodgurschi

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a 286.47mb ota update now on three UK. Jelly bean? I'll update this thread once it finishes downloading and installs

And there it is. Jelly bean 4.1.1 :D s3 working faaaaaaast

Last edited:

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Eh? strange, have a sim free i9300, nothing yet on OTA or Kies.

EDIT: Guess you're right 3UK has managed to get the update before the sim free owners, respect to 3.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol ive got a 3 sim in an unbranded phone.... so unfair (and confusing)
so a carrier has JB ready for UK release but Samsung dont lol :confused:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone else on the ?15 p+g bundle with unlimited data?
amazing :) i was on GiffGaff which is only ?10 but 3s data is faster and they have a call centre :)
i still use the Giffgaff forums to earn money though.. it more than pays for my 3 sim ;)

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
lol ive got a 3 sim in an unbranded phone.... so unfair (and confusing)
so a carrier has JB ready for UK release but Samsung dont lol :confused:

lol i just found out I will be the same mate im with O2 but because i upgraded with Carphone Warehouse my phone is unbranded so my CSC is BTU which is basic UK not O2U which is O2 so looks like i'll need to wait for samsung to push the update out.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
least we wont be fulla bloat mate :)

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Very true mate :cool:

Looks like O2 are holding out on the update anyway now, possibly Monday according to the forum they have found a possible battery drain problem dont know if any of the guy's on 3 can confirm any battery issues?

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So that's O2 and Vodafone out with JB. Us unbranded left hanging once again. Dear Sammy please explain how this is so. We effectively paid a premium to make sure our phones are free of carrier rubbish yet we are treated less than equal, and we have to wait longer than others. I'm quite sure you have less testing to do than the networks so I can't see a reason why unbranded firmware takes longer than the branded type.

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I got mine from carphone warehouse as an upgrade with O2 but mine is classed as unbranded so I still have to wait for Sammy......come on Samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still amazed that the carriers have beat the main supplier lol.
I can't even find any info on when it is likely to be released there is only info on carriers release.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The irony is that to have a carrier version of firmware, you will need the original unbranded firmware...which came before the carrier branded firmware...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
a guy in this forum is downloading it now via kies on his unbranded.. he's in Kent and other people arent getting it.
surely it isnt a staggered release on kies?

vpodgurschi

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Very true mate :cool:

Looks like O2 are holding out on the update anyway now, possibly Monday according to the forum they have found a possible battery drain problem dont know if any of the guy's on 3 can confirm any battery issues?

I think I notice that my phone's battery gets used a little faster but it might be because I use it more, plus I stream my music all the time and that's a few GB per day so can't really be sure :)