My SGS3 notifies "Download complete" of the same files over and over again after upg

asterikz

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, after yesterday's firmware upgrade (700MB+) my Samsung Galaxy S3 (downloads?) and notifies me about "Download complete" of the same cca 50 files over and over again immediately... After clearing the notifications, the same "Download complete" for cca 50 files appears again and again (no matter what connection I use). Attached is phone's "About" screenshot with many "arrows down" in notification area on top. Please help/advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-01-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-01-13.png
    126 KB · Views: 17

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest the following after any OTA:
- boot the phone into Recovery mode and clear the cache
- while you're in Recovery mode perform a Factory Reset (obviously you'll want to backup anything you care about first).

In the meantime you can try going to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find the two 'Downloads' apps, Clear cache and Clear data and Force stop for each one, then try restarting the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

asterikz

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I wished that some app can stop the download processes and clear the cache, so I installed several apps, but no help.
Factory reset helped.
Thanks.

Gary Miles

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint. This is a Samsung issue and they are aware of it and if you're getting multiple downloads of the same things PDF's especially, go to your browser and delete your cache. If you have multiple browsers....do this in all of of them. Samsung has pulled the update and is working on a fix that will come shortly.

ExecutorIoh

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I found the problem wasn't resolved by clearing the cache and data from the Browser, but it seems to have fixed the problem by clearing the cache and data from the Download Manager. It wasn't on the list in the Application Manager, so I had to press and hold on one of the rogue notifications. It popped up a link to App Info. I followed that into the Download Manager and cleared everything in there and turned off notifications. It seems to have solved the problem one way or the other.

-EI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa