[HELP NEEDED] Dead i9300: can't power on, can't charge, no display at all

CFMLeap

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have an i9300 that served me very well before I bought an iPhone. However, the S III (which I loved) cannot be powered on (by that I mean the screen won't even display anything, nor will the LED), and when I plug in the charging cable there is no sign of charging (but the bottom of the phone will slightly heat up). The screen should be intact since the phone never suffered from water damage or mechanical damage.

I suspect that there might be an issue of the EMMC but I could be wrong. Please let me know what could be wrong with my phone or better, please tell me what to do! I've tried the battery and turned out that battery is not at all the problem. My battery worked well on other i9300s and others battery still cannot power mine on.

Thanks!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be dead, so the easiest thing to try first is a new battery.

CFMLeap

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried the battery and it turned out that it was not the problem with my battery. My battery worked well on other i9300s and others battery still cannot power mine on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say, then. It could be a one of several other components, like the microUSB port, the Power button, or the motherboard. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop to diagnose it fully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty