Cisco VPN/Open Connect

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I see there is a product from Cisco called Open Connect for Samsung Devices. It seems to install correctly on the tab and I saw some comments (in the market) from people that it worked properly on the tab but I can't figure out how to configure it. Apparently you're supposed to import a certificate file to the tablet, then when you add a VPN connection it provides that cert as an option for the connection. But I have no idea how to import the cert.

I also found a link to a document on cisco's site but they don't cover importing the cert. They skip over that completely and just show it in the list of connection options.

Does anyone have any experience configuring this software on the tab?

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I see there is a product from Cisco called Open Connect for Samsung Devices. It seems to install correctly on the tab and I saw some comments (in the market) from people that it worked properly on the tab but I can't figure out how to configure it. Apparently you're supposed to import a certificate file to the tablet, then when you add a VPN connection it provides that cert as an option for the connection. But I have no idea how to import the cert.

I also found a link to a document on cisco's site but they don't cover importing the cert. They skip over that completely and just show it in the list of connection options.

Does anyone have any experience configuring this software on the tab?

You're talking about AnyConnect VPN. I installed it and connected without problems but I didn't use the certificate option. Do you require certificate based auth?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You're talking about AnyConnect VPN. I installed it and connected without problems but I didn't use the certificate option. Do you require certificate based auth?

I guess the answer is no...since I didn't install a certificate on my laptop. So the original comments about certs are invalid I suppose. I just let myself go down a bad path.

What I'm seeingt: when I add a connection on the tab it only asks for a server and Cert setting. When I attempt to connect I get the error 'Connection attempt has failed due to configuration issue with server'. I get this error regardless of whether I have the Cert setting to Automatic or Disabled.

I verified its not a connection issue by changing the server name to something bogus and I get a different error entirely.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess the answer is no...since I didn't install a certificate on my laptop. So the original comments about certs are invalid I suppose. I just let myself go down a bad path.

What I'm seeingt: when I add a connection on the tab it only asks for a server and Cert setting. When I attempt to connect I get the error 'Connection attempt has failed due to configuration issue with server'. I get this error regardless of whether I have the Cert setting to Automatic or Disabled.

I verified its not a connection issue by changing the server name to something bogus and I get a different error entirely.

Is the Cisco vpn server configured for SSL vpn?

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the Samsung Anyconnect software and when I try to import a certificate it asks for a password and all the passwords I have dont work. Anyone know which password is needed?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded the Samsung Anyconnect software and when I try to import a certificate it asks for a password and all the passwords I have dont work. Anyone know which password is needed?

Any password would have been established when the certificate was created...so no one here would know the answer to that.

DCG

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It is my understanding that the target Cisco firewall or other equipment must have mobile device licenses installed. Perhaps this is the problem encountered by the original poster in this thread. If it is not a license issue, it would likely be a config issue with the Cisco gear.