So... an update, a problem.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My tab 10.1 received the notification for a firmware update this evening. I accepted. It downloaded the relevant files and proceeded to turn off. Now, see this image here? I'm sure you've all seen this a few times, when turning your tablets on.

I've been looking at that for 40 minutes, with seemingly no say in the matter. So. Any thoughts?

Edit: Just to clarify, there is not a percentage indicator or loading bar at the bottom of the screen. It's the same boot logo as the picture linked above, and as shown when turning on the tablet.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to take any personal responsibility but when I did the last major update, I plugged in the AC adapter. Maybe plugging it in will jolt it into doing something.

...Sent from my Tab

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine was plugged in the entire time, from well before I accepted the update until an hour into the boot logo. I tried unplugging and reseating it more than once.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Not that you will do this but IF you have to send it in to Samsung, expect the process to take one week from the day you ship it to the day you get it back. I had to do it when I installed that bad update a few weeks back.