Galaxy Tab 10.1, 3.2 OS, 1.0.28 Market <-- current?

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The title lists what I have on my GT 10.1. My question is simple:

- Is version 1.0.28 of the Android Market the most current one which works on our TAB?

I read that version 3.4.4, the one which is on my SGS2 phone, is one of the most current versions. I also read that Google wants to harmonize the Market after the Honeycomb split in preparation for the wide distribution ICS on tablets.

If this is the case, how can I get the newer 3.x.x Market on an un-rooted GT 10.1?

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a question I have asked myself. So far, as of this moment, near as I can tell, there have been no updates to the Market app on the Galaxy Tab ever. There are a couple of threads in random forums on this subject, but no one who knows anything reads them and there are currently no answers forthcoming. Most of the suggestions you'll see on the subject are along the lines of "I tried X on my Evo" or similar - which are less than helpful.

The bottom line is, unless anyone knows anything different (which would be awesome!) it seems we're stuck either until Samsung remembers we exist or we get an upgrade to ICS.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 10.1, 3.2 OS, 1.0.28 Market &lt;-- current?

I posted a link in this forum about this that will get you the latest market with music. Just download the app install it and your good to go want the old version back just uninstall it. No root or command line needed. The part that still puzzles me is that no one seems to notice that we are on an old version its like twilight zone. Ill see if I can update this post with the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330360

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That is so true about the twilight zone on this update. But I don't understand how your link is helpful - I've followed the links in the forum posts but they don't replace the Market app on my tab. What happens is what always happens when I install a Market update from a third party link - it creates a second Market icon then I have 2 market apps until I restart. Then the updated Market icon goes away. Perhaps I downloaded the wrong link from the forum you posted? The users there don't have the best command of English, unfortunately, and they end up linking to yet *another* forum, so its a bit confusing. Could you give some more details on how you managed to get a more recent version running on your Tab?

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah you will just have to keep the file handy mine goes away too which stinks but at least we have an option till Sammy does something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

forenuser

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sal?, Hello and Moin Moin!

I may miss the subject, but i found installing 3.4.4 quite easily.

I took the apk file from here and installed it on my GTab using "ES file explorer".

After installing and running the new market i just have to confirm the markets T&C again and everything went fine. Starting the market using the "shop" button in the upper right corner of the app menu offers to select and set the old or new marktet as default.

However, due to my location and german market profile not everthing is offered to me, e.g. "google music". Perhaps this will come later in 2012...

Last edited: