Kies not recognizing my tab

drbb917

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Kies. For some reason Kies won't recognize my tab. My computer does, but not Kies. Everything works fine with my GS3 and Kies.

When I go through the Kies Connection Troubleshooter, it downloads new drivers, but then Windows instantly installs its own drivers.

Has anyone experienced this or know a solution.

Thanks very much.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Disable anti virus and retry

Download kies and Samsung USB drivers 1.4.6.0 to your computer. Look up tab model driver and confirm first
Uninstall kies and driver
Reboot
Disconnect from internet and reinstall

drbb917

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responding. Twice I've tried to install the driver and both times I get an error message that says "broken media, can't install"

Perhaps I should try to download the Kies Air app on my tab and try that? Thoughts?

zumaysix

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
yeah,Just found out that Kies does not support the original Tab 10.1
22.gif

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Kies does support the 10.1 (I have it working fine here, although Kies is slow).

Do a factory reset on the Tab. Get it set up and running, but don't update anything yet.
Then make sure you have the current version of Kies on your pc.
Connect the Tab to your pc, and go from there. Kies should now see your Tab, and you can then proceed to update apps, etc.
This was/is an issue with Kies. For some reason updating apps etc before getting Kies set up would prevent Kies from seeing the Tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38