DealExtreme Aluminum Alloy Touchpad Stylus Review

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just received the two styluses? that I ordered from Deal Extreme on July 16 and I have to say that I am very impressed with them for the price that I paid. Being only $2.40 each I decided to order 2 of them setting me back only $4.80 total with free shipping and no tax. The shipping however took exactly 2 weeks since it was shipped from Japan so if you need it in a hurry your out of luck.

Each stylus is packaged in cheap plastic with a cardboard backing that says for iPhone/iPod touch, etc.

Now the stylus itself has a solid black aluminum body with a chrome clip and chrome right above the rubber stylus part of the pen. The aluminum body feels sturdy and is just a tad bit thicker than your average pencil. I have never owned a capacitive stylus but the rubber end on this one seems to be fine with no quality issues that I can tell. It also hasn?t scratched my device which is important. As far as overall build quality goes, the only part that feels cheap is the clip that has a fake/plastic chrome look to it. The clip has worked fine for me so far when attaching it to my SGT case.

As far as performance goes, it does take a little bit of getting used to, but I?m assuming any stylus for these screens would be the same way. All the touches have registered with great accuracy from what I can tell. I was having some trouble with using Swype but I think that?s because it was on my Moto Droid. It was registering a lot better on my SGT then my Moto Droid. I do have an XO Screen protector on my SGT and it is working perfectly with this stylus as well if anyone was wondering.

Overall though, for the price, you can?t beat it! I got 2 of them for under $5 and am extremely happy with this purchase. This is my first review but I thought I would help anyone that was looking for a stylus. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

$2.40 - Aluminum Alloy Touchpad Stylus Pen for Apple iPad/iPad 2 - Black - Gadgets

Last edited:

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really been interested in using a stylus...just another thing to carry. But I'm wondering how this works for you with taking written notes. I've thought it could be useful at times in that way but seems that in order to 'write' I'd end up resting part of my hand ont he screen and the darned tablet would respond to that when I didn't really want it to.

Have you used it this way?

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really been interested in using a stylus...just another thing to carry. But I'm wondering how this works for you with taking written notes. I've thought it could be useful at times in that way but seems that in order to 'write' I'd end up resting part of my hand ont he screen and the darned tablet would respond to that when I didn't really want it to.

Have you used it this way?

Thats what Ive been working on now actually, hopefully Ill have an update in a few days for it.

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thats what Ive been working on now actually, hopefully Ill have an update in a few days for it.

Any progress on the handwriting aspects of using the stylus? I'm on the brink of buying myself a SGT 10.1 (happy birthday to me. lol), but the ability to take handwritten notes is make it or break it for me. As of now, there isn't really much information on my specific question. :(

Hope you're enjoying your tab!

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So after messing with the stylus and different apps over my trip, it doesn't replace a good old pen and paper in my honest opinion. I found the 2 best apps were Handrite and Genial Writing and it was still a far from perfect note taking experience. Dotting the letter "i" for example doesnt always get picked up depending on the app your in. It also has a learning curve that will take some getting used to. Unfortunately, I think the best option for notes on the SGT 10.1 is a bluetooth keyboard, or just a good pen and paper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87