SMS Sync with carrier phone.

estigall

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

I really would like to use my Gtab for my sms msgs throught my carrier phone. Meaning I would like to see the same convo's on both my phone and my GTab. I have used SyncSMS from the market, and it worked great for a couple of days, but now it will not forward my text from my pnone to my GTab. SMSSync is just what I need, but I need something that is more consistant and not have to restart the app. I just need something that will work all the time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice with both the "use sms popup" and "use notification bar" boxes checked should hook you up nicely. You only need to download GV onto your tab if you don't already have it on your phone. Go to the market and download the regular phone version. It worked on my 10.1, and works on my Flyer too.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice with both the "use sms popup" and "use notification bar" boxes checked should hook you up nicely. You only need to download GV onto your tab if you don't already have it on your phone. Go to the market and download the regular phone version. It worked on my 10.1, and works on my Flyer too.

Google voice isn't in the market for the tab. It will not even show up when trying to search for it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Google voice isn't in the market for the tab. It will not even show up when trying to search for it.

Search the market looking for PHONE APPS and it most certainly is there. Damn near everybody on here has GV on their tab, including me, and it works. I said "install the phone version". If you or the other guy needs the .apk send me a PM with an email address attached and I'll email it to you. When you get it, make sure under settings/security you have the "allows install of non-market apps" checked and then click the install button.

But GV does show up on your tab when doing a full market search. If you don't see it, you are searching for apps compatible with your tab only. I just looked again using my Flyer and it is there. (I had a 10.1 but took it back due to too many stupid issues with it)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Search the market looking for PHONE APPS and it most certainly is there. Damn near everybody on here has GV on their tab, including me, and it works. I said "install the phone version". If you or the other guy needs the .apk send me a PM with an email address attached and I'll email it to you. When you get it, make sure under settings/security you have the "allows install of non-market apps" checked and then click the install button.

But GV does show up on your tab when doing a full market search. If you don't see it, you are searching for apps compatible with your tab only. I just looked again using my Flyer and it is there. (I had a 10.1 but took it back due to too many stupid issues with it)

The Flyer is not the same as the Tab 10.1
As far as I know, there is no way to get Google Voice to appear in the market for the Tab 10.1.
I've tried a combination of different search words.

asiancricket

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I havent had any luck with finding google voice to the 10 inch tab. I thought you needed a device with a phone number to do that; Maybe I'm wrong. I have been using textab, you can find it on XDA forums. It syncs through bluetooth and the interface is quite nice.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, there is no way to get Google Voice to appear in the market for the Tab 10.1.

Are you hard of reading or what? I HAD the sgt 10.1 and HAD gv on it! The sgt 10.1 sucked for me, so I got a Flyer, and have gv on it TOO.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok people, go to a computer...not your tab, not your phone, or anything else. Go to the market, locate gv and send it to your tab. Or, ask on here and there are probably 20 of us who will email you the .apk

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

I really would like to use my Gtab for my sms msgs throught my carrier phone. Meaning I would like to see the same convo's on both my phone and my GTab. I have used SyncSMS from the market, and it worked great for a couple of days, but now it will not forward my text from my pnone to my GTab. SMSSync is just what I need, but I need something that is more consistant and not have to restart the app. I just need something that will work all the time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Estigall, I tried to email you the .apk and it bounced back. Will try again.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

So if you don't believe ME still, feel free to ask the OP since I emailed him the software to let him make WiFi calls from his tab on top of Google Voice....as I said, it works.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you hard of reading or what? I HAD the sgt 10.1 and HAD gv on it! The sgt 10.1 sucked for me, so I got a Flyer, and have gv on it TOO.

Why it seems that you know what you are talking about, actually your information is very misleading.
Telling those with the Tab 10.1 to go to the Market and download the Google Voice app will not happen.
Then when they aren't able to find it, making them seem like they have no clue how to search.
If they go to the Market they won't find it. Also trying to download it by visiting the Market form your PC will have the Samsung Tab grayed out.
No one said it didn't work on the tab. You just need to direct them to the right direction.... and the Market is not it.
It's great that you are willing to send out the file to those that are looking for it.
Actually they can download it themselves. Someone has already posted the file 2 weeks ago.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-inch/94617-google-voice-tab-10-1-a.html

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, 3 weeks ago I downloaded it directly from the market on my tab. You are trying to deflect or redirect by saying I'm being misleading. As a matter of fact, I just went to the market again to look for it and its grated out for my PC3600 also which is my EVO. It was working earlier. Maybe if you hadn't argued about it all day and looked earlier you could have got it too. I don't know when it was taken off, but I downloaded it from the market.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, 3 weeks ago I downloaded it directly from the market on my tab. You are trying to deflect or redirect by saying I'm being misleading. You said it didn't work on top of that. As a matter of fact, I just went to the market again to look for it and its grated out for my PC3600 also which is my EVO. It was working earlier. Maybe if you hadn't argued about it all day and looked earlier you could have got it too. I don't know when it was taken off, but I downloaded it from the market.

It's very possible that in the two weeks since the Tab has come out (unless of course you got one in NY) that the app was available at one time in the market and is now not. And to cdf3's credit, he never said GV wouldn't work, just that it wasn't available in the market.

Now, let's move on ;)

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it was two weeks ago. I got one on launch day, and returned it 3 days later. We had one in the office 3 weeks ago for T&E. I work for HP and we get to play with all the cool toys....and sometimes the not so cool.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually, 3 weeks ago I downloaded it directly from the market on my tab. You are trying to deflect or redirect by saying I'm being misleading. As a matter of fact, I just went to the market again to look for it and its grated out for my PC3600 also which is my EVO. It was working earlier. Maybe if you hadn't argued about it all day and looked earlier you could have got it too. I don't know when it was taken off, but I downloaded it from the market.

Actually I have it already. No where in my posts did I say I didn't have it. Talking about me not reading, huh.
I was going to point others to the Market rather than not having to Email them the file, or point them to the thread with the attachment based on the information you gave me. Since you assured me it was in the Market and that I had no clue how to find it, I wanted to see if perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer