Build Quality

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
so, I'm two days in to life with my Tab 10.1. So far, the only thing that I am doubting is the build quality. I wasn't expecting it to feel so platicy. Though I really notice when compared to my wife's iPad. That thing just feels so solid

Does anyone else doubt the build quality?

Bigum1969

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The plastic back does feel a little cheap, but it serves a great purpose of providing a solid grip and it keeps the weight down.

I also have an iPad2 and prefer the feel of the G tab.

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The G Pad? Thats the T Mobile tablet? Ill see if i can check one out. Though really, the plastic only bothers me after handling my wife's iPad.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine pretty much stays in the Samsung case. So I never actually touch the back of it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Got to admit I was a little skeptic before seeing or holding one especially being a xoom owner where the xoom is built like a tank. But after using one at best buy I was immediately hooked on the metalic version. Everything feels smooth and if you ask me it is perfect. I love this tab.

aggie92

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think they feel very similar out side of the cases. I have the metallic version of the G-tab 10.1 and have not noticed a "plasticy" feel to it. Sounds like you may "want" an ipad but are playing the contrarian for your wife! ;)

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think they feel very similar out side of the cases. I have the metallic version of the G-tab 10.1 and have not noticed a "plasticy" feel to it. Sounds like you may "want" an ipad but are playing the contrarian for your wife! ;)

Hahahah. Perhaps. But it doesnt change how happy I am with this thing. My concern with the plasticy feel was really more about durability. Eh, nothing a case can't solve.

mapleleaf14#AC

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I currently have an iPad2 and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and I had but got rid of the original iPad, an Acer Iconia, the Asus Transformer, and also the HP Touchpad and I like the feel of the Galaxy the best. I think both the Galaxy and iPads feel great tho. The Iconia felt pretty good as did the Transformer tho not as good as the SGT. The HP felt decent for as chunky as it is, but I've seen a few (including the one I had) that have a raised edge of the screen where one side looked/felt raised a bit out of the actual body of the tablet.

All in all, I think the SGT is the best current Android tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89