Bluetooth won't turn on

kgr730

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a few weeks ago that the bluetooth on my tablet does not turn on. When I try to turn it on either with the toggle controls or in the settings menu I am unable to do so. Bluetooth tries to turn on for a few seconds and then switches back to the "off" position. I have tried restarting the tablet and even performed a factory reset but bluetooth still does not turn on. I know that bluetooth worked when I first got the tablet a few months ago and I was able to pair it to my phone and laptop but for some reason it does not work now. Samsung offers me no further suggestions than to send it in for repair. Are there any other things I can try before resorting to this? Does anyone know what might have caused this problem?

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
If you already tried the factory reset and restart, then it probably is a hardware failure that will be covered by Samsung if you bought it new from a retailer within the last 12 months. I will send it in for repair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using AC Forums mobile app

kgr730

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone is wondering, I came to the conclusion that there was a hardware failure and I sent it back to Samsung under manufacturer warranty. The bluetooth was fixed and it has been working well ever since.

Priscila Martinez

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet after I created a new user. Then, I deleted the user (there was just 1 remaining) and it started to work just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38