Need help with SD Card after new update!

Melody Sharp

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, ive updated my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with the new update. I was very pleased to see that you can now move apps to SD card but my problem is that once I have moved apps to the card that it isnt freeing up space on the internal memory Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Melody-Mae

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, ive updated my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with the new update. I was very pleased to see that you can now move apps to SD card but my problem is that once I have moved apps to the card that it isnt freeing up space on the internal memory Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Melody-Mae

Welcome to the forums!
Most of it will be the fact that developers need to implement the moving of data to an SD card on their apps. If they don't support it, the data won't move.

Melody Sharp

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
But it says the app has moved to SD card but the space on internal memory hasnt increased!

- - - Updated - - -

But it says the app has moved to SD card but the space on internal memory hasnt increased!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Because as far as Android is concerned, it did what you wanted it to do. If the app developer did not support transferring data to an SD card for whatever reason, little to no data will move.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

leokowal

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I think the reason they don't want you installing or transferring your apps....to your SD card is......they want you to buy the more expensive 16....32...or 64 gb version tablet......buying an SD card does not make samsung extra money.....i would love to see them fix the USB port that jellybean disabled.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason they don't want you installing or transferring your apps....to your SD card is......they want you to buy the more expensive 16....32...or 64 gb version tablet......buying an SD card does not make samsung extra money.....i would love to see them fix the USB port that jellybean disabled.

There is a flaw in your logic. If that were the case, Samsung would stop supporting SD cards, and wouldn't have released an update to support any transfer of data to an SD card.
It still falls to the app developer to allow moving data. I have a Tab 2 that was rooted and I still couldn't put app data on a card.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87