Firmware upgrade encountered an issue - P5110

dipo1

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi All really hoping someone can help,

I never had a problem in almost 3 years until now, but it has been used alot more than normal over the past few months due to ill health. I had used it in the evening with no issues. Next morning it wouldn't turn on. So id pressed the power button for 10 or so seconds and it started to boot. It got to the Galaxy Tab 2 screen and hung and wouldn't boot any further.

After googling I found loads of sites saying you could press the power button along with the volume up button ect to get it to boot or to get you into recovery mode, these didn't work but did take me to the download page. After googling again I found that you can flash the rom ect so I used Odin and the correct firmware file.

It worked, I used it for half hour or so then put it on charge !

After an hour charging I went to use it and it was dead again and wouldn't boot past the Galaxy Tab logo as before. I tried pressing the power and volume buttons again with no luck so as flashing it fixed it before I did the same again.

It didn't work this time, all that is now on screen is a message stating " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again" it wont power off but just reboots to that screen.

I tired connecting to Kies but it isn't detected. Ive tried using older versions of Odin with the firmware that work previously and still the same issue. Also tried a different cable, different USB ports and a different PC. Only way it turns off is when the battery dies.

Im not too fused about loosing and data as I can reinstall apps ect but I really don't want to loose my Tab as its my lifeline at the mo as I'm recovering from a spinal injury and spend alot of time laid down. If anyone can help id really appreciate it, thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty