Factory Reset

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
When I purchased my Samsung Tab A it was on the Marshmallow OS 6.0.1. A few weeks ago I received a software update which put on Nougat 7.1.1 on my tablet. If I do a factory reset what OS will then be on my tablet? The update to Nougat 7.1.1 causes some issues on my tablet. Thank you.

sputs40

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
When I purchased my Samsung Tab A it was on the Marshmallow OS 6.0.1. A few weeks ago I received a software update which put on Nougat 7.1.1 on my tablet. If I do a factory reset what OS will then be on my tablet? The update to Nougat 7.1.1 causes some issues on my tablet. Thank you.
Unfortunately you can't go back to 6.0.1 mate 7.1.1 is written to the operating system partition ....What problems are you getting I've found mine not to as good battery life ....can't have too many apps open or it starts to lag and stutter ....I'd say 7.1.1 is a bit of a backward step

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi sputs40. I already made a post with screen shots showing the issue. It was post called "display screen zoom and font". When I go into my settings>>>display and try to change the font size or add a new font or zoom.....all it does is load. It is stuck on loading. So I am thinking a factory reset might solve the problem. I have never done a factory reset on any of my Android phones or tablets so I just want to make sure I am understanding everything. Yes....I have done a google search on a factory reset and found great information but I wasn't sure what OS will then be on my tablet.

sputs40

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi sputs40. I already made a post with screen shots showing the issue. It was post called "display screen zoom and font". When I go into my settings>>>display and try to change the font size or add a new font or zoom.....all it does is load. It is stuck on loading. So I am thinking a factory reset might solve the problem. I have never done a factory reset on any of my Android phones or tablets so I just want to make sure I am understanding everything. Yes....I have done a google search on a factory reset and found great information but I wasn't sure what OS will then be on my tablet.
Factory reset might help sort the problem....but it will still be 7.1.1 just back up anything you don't want to lose ....as it will be like new tablet after resetting....I didn't get the problem you have with mine

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset might help sort the problem....but it will still be 7.1.1 just back up anything you don't want to lose ....as it will be like new tablet after resetting....I didn't get the problem you have with mine

Thanks sputs40. I have backed up my tablet a few weeks ago but I will do it again today using Smart Switch. You have answered my question and I appreciate your help! I just hope the factory reset doesn't screw up my tablet.

sputs40

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks sputs40. I have backed up my tablet a few weeks ago but I will do it again today using Smart Switch. You have answered my question and I appreciate your help! I just hope the factory reset doesn't screw up my tablet.
It shouldn't screw it up .....I've done a reset on mine once before and it was fine just a pain getting everything back the way you like it ....

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Factory reset only erases everything and restore your tablet to manufacturing settings of the OS you are having now.
Downgrade OS, you need to use Odin to flash Marshmallow firmware. If you don't know how to use Odin to flash firmware, then don't try. It takes only 5 minutes but not recommended to newbies.
Tab A has different models and sizes, you need to be specific of the model.
If you said you have a Toyota , nobody has any idea of what kind of car or truck you have.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
How did you get on with the reset

Hi sputs40. The factory reset went well. Just a pain the butt having to download all my apps again. Otherwise....my tablet is now running great and the issue with the display and fonts is now working!!