Picked mine up last night...

bobsageek

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Sold my iPad 2 a couple weeks ago after getting home from a trip and deciding it was just too heavy to really use for extended periods (especially because it's an e-reader for me quite a bit of the time). Had Best Buy do a ship-to-store and my Galaxy 8.9 was ready yesterday, exactly what I was looking for, lighter, more comfortable to hold and fast. Haven't finished setting up all my apps or tweaking yet, but the size and weight are perfect, glad I made the leap. :cool:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Got mine last night too. I like it a lot. I have a 7" PlayBook, and the Transformer. One is too small (at times) and the other too big (at times). This seems to be the sweet spot for size.

@bobsageek, did you get a case? My Best Buy had an off brand case for it, and all they had were red ones so I didn't get it. I'm going to search around tonight,

jrc7525

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a chance to get to Best Buy and check out the 8.9 yet. Can you confirm what type of USB port it has? A std size or a micro/mini? I want to make sure I can plug a thumb drive into it and transfer some video files. And, I'm assuming there is no micro SD slot, correct? Thanks.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
it has the same everything as the tab 10.1. Including its USB. Here are a couple things ive noticed doing a side by side with, my tab 10.1.

It has a warmer screen. By that mean it has more of a red tint. For me, this is a big plus. The tab 10.1 is too blue/cool.

It has noticably more lag than the 10.1 when using it landscape mode. The weird thing though, it is considerably smoother when using in portrait compared to the tab 10.1.

Other than that, the obviouse. Its lighter and smaller. I really like this size. I just wish it was stovk hineycomb and not touchwiz. Hopefully samsungs touchwiz for tablets will eventually be as good as touchwiz 4 on the galaxy s2

JohnLone

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,
does the 8.9 come with SD card slot? I read in some website that they have SD card slot but the one in BestBuy does not have it. I'm lost.

Thanks

antnyp85

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Have had mine for a few days and am loving it, especially now that I have Netflix working on it :) Thanks to those who posted the Neflix fix!! Anyway yeah I had the 10.1 for a few days before having the 8.9 and definitely prefer the size of the 8.9... Other than the size, everything else feels exactly the same as the 10.1... And hmm the only time I have noticed lag was when I put a live wallpaper. As soon as I switched to a static wallpaper, no more lag, in either landscape or portrait mode.

ct1211

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had Ipad2 galaxy 10.1 back and forth for a few months. I recently moved to to new macbook air and was thinking when iphone 5 hit I would make it a sweep! Well Apple upgraded the iphone to features equivalent to my 2year old HTC HERO!! I went in last night and returned ipad for the 8.9 and oh my god!! I this thing is THE size for a tablet. I really need the GPS too. Netflix I have at home and never used. My work phone is the sammy droid charge my personal phone is epic 4g. Going to up that to either galaxy II or new curved sammy being teased that may be the ice cream sandwhich phone. Weshould know I think by october eight.

Does anyone know if 8.9 should have free Quick office like the 10.1?

bobsageek

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
After a week of use, love it, size is perfect and screen is brilliant. Once you shut off the dozen or so useless widgets it's an excellent performer. Nice upgrade from my iPad 2, glad I did it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member