Sync contacts and calendar (with outlook?)

martymann

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
New to the android platform. Deserted the i world, yay!
So far I haven't found a way to sync contacts and calendar with Tab S and the S5 and outlook on my main computer. Is this possible? If not do I have to do the sync with Gmail instead? I have used outlook for so long and am used to it that I don't really want to change if I don't have to.
Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you sync with Google that should add your contacts and calendar stuff from OL to your Google calendar. Now the trick is adding stuff from your Google calendar to your OL, and here it is; even without the sync you should be able to do this, Open Google calendar on your device. Go to add an event, in the upper left hand corner it will say what account you are using, I'm not sure if you only have one account if it will still drop down but with multiple accounts it is a selection tab. Choosing your OL account will sync the event with both. Only adding items to your Google account will not sync backwards with all of your other accounts. Just FYI.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
New to the android platform. Deserted the i world, yay!
So far I haven't found a way to sync contacts and calendar with Tab S and the S5 and outlook on my main computer. Is this possible? If not do I have to do the sync with Gmail instead? I have used outlook for so long and am used to it that I don't really want to change if I don't have to.
Thanks

Yes, you can sync contacts and calendar with Outlook. I'd suggest you do it one of two ways:

1. If Outlook on your main computer is connected to Microsoft Exchange, then simply add that Exchange account on your Android device: (Settings > General > Accounts). Everything will then stay in sync automatically

2. If you are not using Microsoft Exchange, then I think the best way is to use a third-party app to sync Outlook with Gmail contact and calendar. I use Gsyncit (from Fieldston software) . This runs on your PC and automatically keeps Outlook and gmail calendar/contacts/tasks in sync.