returned my 32gb tab s today :(

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I decided to not keep it after comparing it side by side with my older note 10.1 (2012 or 2013 don't remember).

The differences in pixel clarity were not very apparent when i opened up clash of clans / modern combat on both tablets. Of course the color quality/accuracy is almost always better on the tab s and it is also thinner and lighter but these two factors do not justify the 500$ price tag i paid for it.

I guess one other factor that made me choose my older note is just that. .the s pen. I have a note 3 too and suddenly a tablet for just media consumption and entertainment without the possibilities of the s pen does not seem to do it. Maybe a Note S will my mind when/if it comes out. Next target on the horizon- the surface pro 3....

No offense meant to tab s owners in any way ppl..

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. My wife got a chance to test drive a Tab S for a week and liked it, but she ultimately got a Tab Pro. The screen resolution is the same, but it's just a bit less vibrant than the Tab S. Of course, it's very difficult to tell when you don't have them side by side, so that advantage didn't matter that much to her.

She also recently got a Surface Pro 3 from CostCo--nice laptop replacement, since extreme portability is crucial for her! She has the i5 version, which is pretty snappy. Costs a bundle, though.:-\

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I was seriously considering the tab pro too...but wanted the s pen functionality and the 2014 note 10.1 is not worth investing right now for me either as it is almost the same price as the tab s.

I would probably have to save up for at least 6 months before i can buy a good laptop though, and the surface pro 3 seems to be a very good option..

Posted via Android Central App