Tab S and Android L

ganset10

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone heard when or if the Tab S 10.5 will get Lollipop? it's great on my Nexus 5, if the Tab S won't get the update i'll buy something else.

thanks
Ganset

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
is it a must have, no, but i do like and i'd like my tablet to have the same

I actually hate android 5.0 and that white back ground in the app drawer ....

Tbh it's nice to have but I can barely tell the difference between android 4.3 and android 4.4 performance wise .yeah looks a bit different but I I don't care ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
While I agree that 5.0 is NOT a must have, I also have to tell you that I have 5.0.1on my Nexus 7 2013, and I absolutely love it! Especially the change to the notifications...... I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say "white background" in the app drawer.....that being said, when Samsung goes to 5.0.1 on the Galaxy Tab S, it is sure to have a different look than pure Android because of touchwiz.

Last edited:

Tomween1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
when Samsung goes to 5.0.1 on the Galaxy Tab S, it is sure to have a different look than pure Android because of touchwiz.
Agreed. I do believe however, atm, it is 5.0.3:p

Found this little titbit interesting tho:
Samsung

Samsung doesn't seem great at updating its tablets either. There's a good chance recent slates like its Note Pro and Tab S ranges and even the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 will get Android Lollipop but anything older or low end is iffy.

Last edited:

schooninator

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree that having it or not is not any sort of deal breaker - I like my Tab S regardless.

However, I do like what I've seen for Lollipop, and would like to get it eventually...