S-pen question...

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
The pen has some resistance when j insert it into the phone and it does feel like a normal s pen but with the everyday jostling and moving around it works it's way out most days. Don't get me wrong j not throwing the phone around but it's normal stuff, getting in and out if the truck it gets tossed into a cup holder or it gets bumped against something etc. It has some resistance but its easily removable without clicking it. Did some research online and it's not just me that it's happening to.

Reactions: BEaRebel

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The pen has some resistance when j insert it into the phone and it does feel like a normal s pen but with the everyday jostling and moving around it works it's way out most days. Don't get me wrong j not throwing the phone around but it's normal stuff, getting in and out if the truck it gets tossed into a cup holder or it gets bumped against something etc. It has some resistance but its easily removable without clicking it. Did some research online and it's not just me that it's happening to.
You may not be alone but it's definitely not normal. Should only come out with it being pressed or with a big drop (has happened to me before).

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting this Prompted me to check it out. Probably would have lost it in future Just tried my spare from 23U & behaves perfectly.

Q. Do your S Pens have very little space between button & pen? Like 1mm ?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting this Prompted me to check it out. Probably would have lost it in future Just tried my spare from 23U & behaves perfectly.

Q. Do your S Pens have very little space between button & pen? Like 1mm ?

Do you mean when it's in or out? Mine is unable to be pulled out with my fingernail when clicked on. When out, there is around 3mm between the inside of the cap to the pen body.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I just tried mine and I can easily pull it straight out without first clicking the end button by merely using my fingernail. And I'm not using much force at all. Very surprising. I think it's secure enough that it won't fall out on it's own but I'm surprised how easily I can remove it without clicking the end button. Maybe it was the same on my S24U but I never tried.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I just tried mine and I can easily pull it straight out without first clicking the end button by merely using my fingernail. And I'm not using much force at all. Very surprising. I think it's secure enough that it won't fall out on it's own but I'm surprised how easily I can remove it without clicking the end button. Maybe it was the same on my S24U but I never tried. Thinking it through, perhaps the resistance between the spen and the device is all that's keeping the spen secure, and the end button just serves to give the user something to grab onto when removing it as opposed to somehow locking the spen in the device.

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
Do you mean when it's in or out? Mine is unable to be pulled out with my fingernail when clicked on. When out, there is around 3mm between the inside of the cap to the pen body.
Yeah mine can be pulled out without clicking it. It doesn't sit flush with the bottom of the phone like the other ultras I have had do

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
I just tried mine and I can easily pull it straight out without first clicking the end button by merely using my fingernail. And I'm not using much force at all. Very surprising. I think it's secure enough that it won't fall out on it's own but I'm surprised how easily I can remove it without clicking the end button. Maybe it was the same on my S24U but I never tried.
That's exactly what mine does!

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
After my S Pen 'clicks in' I can also remove it with my fingernail. But if I release at about 1/8th of a inch removed, it snaps back into place. It still feels like it's snuggly seated.

Probably a result of mass production or maybe each new phone model has its own definition of what's normal.

(Now I'll have to go check my Husband's S Pen)
😄

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same. I've never tried that before, but it's exactly how u described it.

ETA: I gave it a strong shake, and the pen didn't come out. It stayed seated as normal.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
After my S Pen 'clicks in' I can also remove it with my fingernail. But if I release at about 1/8th of a inch removed, it snaps back into place. It still feels like it's snuggly seated.

Probably a result of mass production or maybe each new phone model has its own definition of what's normal.

(Now I'll have to go check my Husband's S Pen)
😄
That's the spring in the cap. If you put the S pen out. Then click the cap down, you can pull it about an 1/8". That is probably by design.

That last comment, you're on your own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter