Tab S 8.4 consern

topgum

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've got a battery question for new Tab S 8.4 owners. Do these things come already halfway charged? Just received my new tablet from walmart.com. The directions said to charge first. When I plugged it in the battery showed 56% right out of the box. I thought this was odd being the reviews say that a new battery should take take about 12 hrs to charge. I started wondering if this tablet may have been a return. Looking at the tape that seal on the box top i noticed that it's actually one piece of tape on top of another. Other than that it seems well packed. I did purchase the walmart protection plan so maybe they had to open the package for some reason
Please tell me if it's normal for a new battery to show 56% at first plug in. I really don't intend to pay full price for a used item.Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they almost all come precharged. Letting them get to 0 is really really bad, so there is usually enough juice to turn it on, make sure it works and log in, etc.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Basically all tablets (at least all 6 or so that i have purchased)come with around half charge. I would say 2 hours to go from half to full charge is perfectly normal and expected. No reason to think this is a return, at least from the battery standpoint.

topgum

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you much for the reply. That's great to know! This is my first tablet so I'm having to go by reviews, forums, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38