Tethering Nikon Digital SLR

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by tethering the camera? Do you want the camera to use a device's wi-fi connection? Does the camera have a wi-fi radio?

Pappadi

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for a quick response.
I want to tether my Nikon camera (D5100, D810) to the Samsung Tablet S 8.4 ( my first tablet to be bought soon) _with applications Helicon Remote or DslrDashboard - so that I can have an immediate review on a larger screen than the camera's. I would rather prefer an OTG cable connection to a wifi one.
I am not sure if I can save the image to the micro sd card. If it can be saved thus, it would save space on the 16-GB on board memory . May be there is some kind of access restriction imposed by the Android OS. Surely there are two wayouts I am aware of - rooting or transferring the image files when the on board memory is full.
DSLR Controller, an application which is used to tether Canon cameras, I am told, has issued a new version which allows such a saving function.
Your advice will be much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, that's beyond my scope of knowledge. Hopefully someone else here can help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699