Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    I'm new to the S2, 8.0 version. My tablet is up to date on patches.
    Since coming out of the box (a day short of a week), the Samsung+ app is using the most amount of battery on the tablet.
    Out of the last 2d 12h on battery Samsung+ has used 20% of the battery. This crazy high use has been the norm for my tablet.
    The next highest is 15% for screen. After that it falls off a cliff at 4% for Android System.
    Even sitting in standby, I lose battery and it seems to be this Samsung+ application.
    I have not seen this complained about on any forums. Any idea what Samsung+ is doing and what I may be able to do to control its battery usage?
    Would appreciate comments.

wfm
    03-30-2016 10:46 AM
    Go into your Settings/Application Manager and disable the Samsung+ App. It doesn't need to be running if you don't use it. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 10:56 AM
    Yes, this app is known for excessive battery consumption on all devices (I've seen it needlessly wasting battery power on smartphones too). Just disable it and don't ever re-enable it, it's pretty useless anyway.
    03-31-2016 05:57 PM
    I disabled it right after the recommendation. Battery life did improve, although it still seems to drain in use and on standby faster than I'd like. My comparison is the iPad Mini. Changed wifi to be off when asleep. I'll try playing around with dropping into airplane mode when it is asleep to see if that helps. Thanks
    04-02-2016 05:16 PM
    I disabled it right after the recommendation. Battery life did improve, although it still seems to drain in use and on standby faster than I'd like. My comparison is the iPad Mini. Changed wifi to be off when asleep. I'll try playing around with dropping into airplane mode when it is asleep to see if that helps. Thanks
    Ios doesnt drain battery when on standby at all! I left my ipad 4 on and its still at 100% even after 2 weeks of idling. What sort of magic is that?

Posted with ❤Love❤
    04-14-2016 08:33 AM
    Ios doesnt drain battery when on standby at all! I left my ipad 4 on and its still at 100% even after 2 weeks of idling. What sort of magic is that?

Posted with ❤Love❤
    Post a screen shot of that wizardry. My wife has an iPad and hers drains at idle. It doesn't drain significantly but 2 weeks and not even a percentage lost seems like an exaggeration.
    04-18-2016 08:51 PM
    Hi WetFrogMule,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

I'm developer at Samsung+ app and working on the issue that you reported.
    We tried on different devices with and without (disable/uninstall) S+ app.
    There's not much difference so we don't think this is caused by S+.

Can I ask you for a favor:
    - does your S2 have sim card? If yes, is it connected to an active mobile network?
    - it would be great if you could get and send us the battery stats of your S2 so we can know what exactly is causing your battery issue.

Best regards,
    David
    dryja123 likes this.
    04-29-2016 05:54 PM
    I have the same issue with my Tab S2 8.0. I love the device, but Samsung+ shows 53% battery usage. How can I get a battery report for your review? I know how to do this on Windows, but not on Android.

Thanks!!
    05-16-2016 02:40 AM
    Hi blackfire,

Do you have adb on your PC? If not, please following this link to install: [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers -… | Android Development and Hacking

Then please run following commands and send us the output files (batterystats.txt, dumpstate.txt)
    adb shell dumpsys batterystats > batterystats.txt
    adb shell dumpstate > dumpstate.txt

Best regards,
    David
    05-19-2016 02:05 PM
    I'm new to the S2, 8.0 version. My tablet is up to date on patches.
    Since coming out of the box (a day short of a week), the Samsung+ app is using the most amount of battery on the tablet.
    Out of the last 2d 12h on battery Samsung+ has used 20% of the battery. This crazy high use has been the norm for my tablet.
    The next highest is 15% for screen. After that it falls off a cliff at 4% for Android System.
    Even sitting in standby, I lose battery and it seems to be this Samsung+ application.
    I have not seen this complained about on any forums. Any idea what Samsung+ is doing and what I may be able to do to control its battery usage?
    Would appreciate comments.

wfm
    Having the same issue. 35% battery usage left me at 6% around 4pm. Attached is screenshot. I just ended up reporting to samsung and disabling the app. Hope it helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung+ and Battery Usage-screenshot_20180428-154932.jpg  
    04-28-2018 02:54 PM
    Hi WetFrogMule,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

I'm developer at Samsung+ app and working on the issue that you reported.
    We tried on different devices with and without (disable/uninstall) S+ app.
    There's not much difference so we don't think this is caused by S+.

Can I ask you for a favor:
    - does your S2 have sim card? If yes, is it connected to an active mobile network?
    - it would be great if you could get and send us the battery stats of your S2 so we can know what exactly is causing your battery issue.

Best regards,
    David
    hi david
    12-20-2018 07:05 PM