Samsung+ and Battery Usage

WetFrogMule

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to the S2, 8.0 version. My tablet is up to date on patches.
Since coming out of the box (a day short of a week), the Samsung+ app is using the most amount of battery on the tablet.
Out of the last 2d 12h on battery Samsung+ has used 20% of the battery. This crazy high use has been the norm for my tablet.
The next highest is 15% for screen. After that it falls off a cliff at 4% for Android System.
Even sitting in standby, I lose battery and it seems to be this Samsung+ application.
I have not seen this complained about on any forums. Any idea what Samsung+ is doing and what I may be able to do to control its battery usage?
Would appreciate comments.

wfm

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Go into your Settings/Application Manager and disable the Samsung+ App. It doesn't need to be running if you don't use it. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Va

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this app is known for excessive battery consumption on all devices (I've seen it needlessly wasting battery power on smartphones too). Just disable it and don't ever re-enable it, it's pretty useless anyway.

WetFrogMule

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I disabled it right after the recommendation. Battery life did improve, although it still seems to drain in use and on standby faster than I'd like. My comparison is the iPad Mini. Changed wifi to be off when asleep. I'll try playing around with dropping into airplane mode when it is asleep to see if that helps. Thanks

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I disabled it right after the recommendation. Battery life did improve, although it still seems to drain in use and on standby faster than I'd like. My comparison is the iPad Mini. Changed wifi to be off when asleep. I'll try playing around with dropping into airplane mode when it is asleep to see if that helps. Thanks

Ios doesnt drain battery when on standby at all! I left my ipad 4 on and its still at 100% even after 2 weeks of idling. What sort of magic is that?

Posted with ❤Love❤

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Ios doesnt drain battery when on standby at all! I left my ipad 4 on and its still at 100% even after 2 weeks of idling. What sort of magic is that?

Posted with ❤Love❤

Post a screen shot of that wizardry. My wife has an iPad and hers drains at idle. It doesn't drain significantly but 2 weeks and not even a percentage lost seems like an exaggeration.

David Tran3

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi WetFrogMule,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

I'm developer at Samsung+ app and working on the issue that you reported.
We tried on different devices with and without (disable/uninstall) S+ app.
There's not much difference so we don't think this is caused by S+.

Can I ask you for a favor:
- does your S2 have sim card? If yes, is it connected to an active mobile network?
- it would be great if you could get and send us the battery stats of your S2 so we can know what exactly is causing your battery issue.

Best regards,
David

Last edited:

blackfire

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Tab S2 8.0. I love the device, but Samsung+ shows 53% battery usage. How can I get a battery report for your review? I know how to do this on Windows, but not on Android.

Thanks!!

Justin Venetucci

Apr 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm new to the S2, 8.0 version. My tablet is up to date on patches.
Since coming out of the box (a day short of a week), the Samsung+ app is using the most amount of battery on the tablet.
Out of the last 2d 12h on battery Samsung+ has used 20% of the battery. This crazy high use has been the norm for my tablet.
The next highest is 15% for screen. After that it falls off a cliff at 4% for Android System.
Even sitting in standby, I lose battery and it seems to be this Samsung+ application.
I have not seen this complained about on any forums. Any idea what Samsung+ is doing and what I may be able to do to control its battery usage?
Would appreciate comments.

wfm

Having the same issue. 35% battery usage left me at 6% around 4pm. Attached is screenshot. I just ended up reporting to samsung and disabling the app. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180428-154932.jpg
    Screenshot_20180428-154932.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 12

mito88

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi WetFrogMule,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

I'm developer at Samsung+ app and working on the issue that you reported.
We tried on different devices with and without (disable/uninstall) S+ app.
There's not much difference so we don't think this is caused by S+.

Can I ask you for a favor:
- does your S2 have sim card? If yes, is it connected to an active mobile network?
- it would be great if you could get and send us the battery stats of your S2 so we can know what exactly is causing your battery issue.

Best regards,
David

hi david

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member